• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The gist of it...

55 posts in this topic

There might have been somthing about pressing too...

What's pressing?

It's a form of restoration that is allowable in the CGC Universal label. Apparently it can cause cover shrinkage when done incorrectly, as evidenced by the recent CCS blunder.

Any specific CCS blunder?

There might have been somthing about pressing too...

What's pressing?

It's a form of restoration that is allowable in the CGC Universal label. Apparently it can cause cover shrinkage when done incorrectly, as evidenced by the recent CCS blunder.

Any specific CCS blunder?

re: the Close Shave collection

-slym

It's hard for me to see Wolverine because I don't see Wolverine. I see a tall, pretty man with hairgel.

:)

-slym

So you think he's pretty?

It's hard for me to see Wolverine because I don't see Wolverine. I see a tall, pretty man with hairgel.

-slym

And tall.

Don't forget Incredible Hulk #180 being the first appearance of Wolverine!

(:

Bah! That's just a cameo. Doesn't count. :makepoint:

:whistle:

Actually, the OSPG calls it a "1st brief appearance" and 181 "1st full appearance."

I still say, if he is shown in 180 full-on (not shadowed or an arm or a face on a screen) with his name being said and interactng in the story, then "first full appearance" still just means "second appearance." No one can have two first appearances.

;)

-slym

And tall.

I think those were my exact words, yes.

:lol:

-slym

But mostly pretty?

Years ago, I had the misfortune of working a Peter Allen concert. Then I was roped into seeing Jackman in The Boy from Oz. years later, I was one of the dozen or so people who watched Viva Laughlin.

Now you might begin to understand why I don't care for his Wolverine.

Don't forget Incredible Hulk #180 being the first appearance of Wolverine!

(:

So sell all your Hulk 181s quick and low or else you won't move them. Turn that into copies 180.

I have said it before, I will say it again: I do not expect anyone to change their minds on which issue is "more important," or at least, worth the most money. I am not trying to change anyone's mind on that. The market has decided on dollar-value for these issues.

To call a second appearance a "first full appearance" is disingenuous, IMHO. I'd like people to stop calling 181 Wolverine's first appearance. It is not his 1st app. Nope, nope, nope.

-slym