• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Romita Sr = AMAZING!

127 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Now that con season has slowed down and all of our books are at CGC I wanted to take a moment to share some sketch covers with the Signature Room.

**Please note that these sketch covers are from a few years ago and that Mr. Romita is no longer doing this type of work. I am sorry but I cannot help you acquire these.**

A few of our friends acquired some great sketch covers as did we over the years and this is finally our chance to show them off to those who will appreciate.

To me John Romita Sr. is my favorite comic book artist of all time. Not only that he is one of the classiest, nicest guys I have ever met. I welcome everyone to share their love of Romita Sr. Be it a sketch cover, OA, a story or signature.

Cheers!!!!!

-Sean

Here is the first cover I would like to share. I was collecting some of my fav. spiderman characters and I got Mr. Romita to do a Free style. I gave him no ref. art or anything and he came up with this. It is one of my favorites! I do not think I have shared it before.

ASMJJonah.jpg

Here is one more for today. I have a few more but I will save them for another day so hopefully this AMAZING thread can have some legs.

Here is the Kingpin!!

"Spiderman has foiled my plans again!"

kingpin.jpg

Nothing should mess with the beautiful simplicity and technical precision of John Romita's pencil work on those sketches. :luhv:

+1 on that -1

These are fully finished pencils....U NO TOUCH!!

Nothing should mess with the beautiful simplicity and technical precision of John Romita's pencil work on those sketches. :luhv:

I agree. I got some of my very early sketches signed by Stan and I regret it.............about the only thing I actually regret having Stan sign. lol