• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA runs are impossible to complete?

51 posts in this topic

I am me natch....no....Jon Berk....I was/am a collector of pre-Superman comics and other classic GA....so i got heavily into early DC....got 'tec 1-10, New Fun/More Fun 25 and Big Book of Fun Comics and New Comics/New Adven 1-20.....

Complete set of Centaurs including the pre-Centaurs put out by Chesler and Ultem...

Funnies....Popular Comics 1-10..Tip Top 1-10 missing #4....King Comics less #2.....Famous Funnies 1-36 and the precursor single issues....

Wow, What A Magazine 1-4.....

Anyway you get my drift.....Jon

As to that pre-hero DC list you mention, Double Action is sort of a separate animal since it was not on the newsstand....New Adventure 13 is definitely tough (I have a knock out VF/NM).

How very very fascinating.

Who are you ???

That is John Berk

John Berk Inverview

Comic Zone at the Metropolis Comics site for 12/20 for any who are interested....

I am me natch....no....Jon Berk....I was/am a collector of pre-Superman comics and other classic GA....so i got heavily into early DC....got 'tec 1-10, New Fun/More Fun 25 and Big Book of Fun Comics and New Comics/New Adven 1-20.....

Complete set of Centaurs including the pre-Centaurs put out by Chesler and Ultem...

Funnies....Popular Comics 1-10..Tip Top 1-10 missing #4....King Comics less #2.....Famous Funnies 1-36 and the precursor single issues....

Do you have a New Adventure 26 ???

Have you ever seen a Double Action 1 ???

Do you have a Double Action 2 ???

I'm genuinely fascinated.

What grade is your Big Book Of Fun Comics ??? Mine is a nice pleasingly solid lowgrade that I bought off Dave the Dentist.

I am me natch....no....Jon Berk....I was/am a collector of pre-Superman comics and other classic GA....

Jon - A bit off topic, but I happened to be browsing comicartfans.com a couple days ago and came across some of the original artwork you've got posted there. I always love seeing original golden age art and it was great seeing some of the stuff you've got - the Planet Comics #1 cover, that great Burgos Torch piece, the Simon & Kirby Cap #9 page, the Schomburg cover, and so on. Nice stuff! Thanks for putting the pics online.

Could you adopt me? cloud9.gif

What grade is your Big Book Of Fun Comics ??? Mine is a nice pleasingly solid lowgrade that I bought off Dave the Dentist.

My big book is a solid copy nice pages....probably VG/F

Always loved the oversized books....that's why i have Jumbo 1-9 and Master 1-6

Do not have the 26......My interests became (or shall i say remain) diverse.....Very few comics i am chasing....as one lister noted i have turned to doing some original art with focus on Lou Fine.....

I think mid 20 and 30 peps are tough to get....check out the Montana original Pep 30 cover and Fujitani cover recreation for 34 for comicartfans.com Jon Berk

Sorry for rattling....but i see all this stuff comics, art, "toys for boys" as a circular spectrum of a wonderful and historic story telling medium

Hi! Jon!! You can rattle on anytime you want. We collectors ,love your insights on Golden Age,I know I do for one!! thumbsup2.gif Keep posting!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Amen! thumbsup2.gif

Hi! Jon!! You can rattle on anytime you want. We collectors ,love your insights on Golden Age,I know I do for one!! thumbsup2.gif Keep posting!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Amen! thumbsup2.gif

I will third that! Advanced, knowledgeable collectors talking about their area of expertise are what drew me to these boards in the first place (especially on Golden Age...which I have just started learning about). More interesting than the latest flame war IMHO. cloud9.gif

I think mid 20 and 30 peps are tough to get....

I'll second that! Pretty much every Pep from 20-49 is tough--especially the "Classic" covers: 20, 27, 30, 34, 36 (not that the other covers aren't great, too...)

check out the Montana original Pep 30 cover and Fujitani cover recreation for 34 for comicartfans.com Jon Berk

I am truly amazed (and jealous frown.gif) with the Pep 30 cover. The Fujitani recreations are also fabulous!

Sorry for rattling....but i see all this stuff comics, art, "toys for boys" as a circular spectrum of a wonderful and historic story telling medium

As several have already said, it's always nice to hear from people with a lot of collecting experience. I've been collecting for 30 years and learn something new here nearly every day.