• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "fund for used scanner" thread - CLOSED

44 posts in this topic

Halfway to the end... time to reduce prices to get comics moving! I need to get a scanner! lol

Hi all,

Welcome to my 1st selling thread. Given that I'm a newbie and am unknown to you in selling here. I'm trying to make myself be known to you among the in the selling group. So, hope you'll give me the chance to create good karma for "kudos" :grin:

I have a small batch of GA/SA/BA mixed comics up for sale. Most are in low grades, some nice high grades. All in range from $1 to maybe $30 max. Think would be enough for my 1st time here, then in future threads - will step up to better comics. I need to build "kubos" first...

Today is Sunday, so I'll let this thread go to next Sunday Dec 1st midnight to close down.

I had been in eBay since 1999 with 100% feedback - ask me for referance, thanks.

This thread is to fund for to buy a good used scanner - the HP 8250/8300 model. I need this one to do good scans! Right now all I can do is use my ditgal camera - please forgive me for the lousy snapshots. :blush:

So... I guess next is the rules?

Any 1st :takeit: on the comic/s thumps over PMs, keep it equal and fair to all here.

No HoS members or PLs please.

All books will be bagged and boarded. Since I'm close to U.S. border - I can do U.S. postal for you U.S. collectors/readers. I don't know what the postal rates is like for 1-3 comics - I think maybe $5.00 to 6.00 (?) - will need to check that out. Can do Canada Post for in Canada. PM me for shipping quotes.

I can take paypal and money orders - whichever is good to you.

If any questions you need know - post here or PM, thank you.

Ok, let the "fund-for-used-scanner" sale begin! (Photos coming up in 5-10 minutes)

First comic for sale is "Best of Bugs Bunny" #2 - Giant issue published in 1968. I say VG 4.0 since there are many dimples on front cover which do hurt its condition. Do have white pages at least. Some edge creases/edge wear - good for a reader copy - $5.00 $3.00 $2.00

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics047_zps3dc470d0.jpg

Back cover

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics051_zpsaea78cc9.jpg

I have close-up photos if you wish by request - PM me.

Of the batch I have here - some are DC, Gold Key, Harvey and Archies. Next one:

Playful Little Audrey #5 (1958) - VG 3.0 $10.00 $6.00 $4.00

Has edge wear around, One cover crease across the money tree ... Another 2 light striaght creases ( one over "Au" and one close to right top corner). One white smear on Audrey's hair.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics040_zps66681d41.jpg

Back cover: there is one small penciled "x" on top, one light bent crease near bottom corner, another one near top edge. Pages are browning around, no missing, cut or filled pages. One stape is barely holding to cover.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics043_zpsbc0ef297.jpg

Next one: 3 comics in one lot! Three GK low grades - Magnus Robot Fighter 4000 A.D. #21, 24 and 26. Grades from 3.0 to 3.5 (#26 being the best of all).

All for $ 6.00 $3.00 $2.00

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics039_zps991001cf.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics038_zps777c97de.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics037_zps4a47ccb6.jpg

Jughead #180 - Fine 5.0 - has few small corner creases on top right. There is one faint cover crease on middle bottom, didn't break colors. Pages tanned and clean inside. Tight with stapes and nice gloss on cover. The story is by Samm - my favourite artist!

Gonna bundle up the Archies (Jughead #180, Archie #210, Laugh #241 with a freebie AND Archie Annual #13) for ...

$5.00 $12.00 !! $8.00!!

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics035_zpsd10f1a8f.jpg

Back cover:

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics034_zpse3b49d4a.jpg

Archie #210 - Fine 5.0 - light soiling smear on bottom. Tiny corner fold, small light crease over letters "ie". Pages are clean, cream-off white and none are missing or cut. Art by Harry Luecy - the master of gags! Good reader copy.

Bundled up with the Archies deal - see post above up.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics001_zpsf9d29708.jpg

back cover:

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics005_zpsd470bb7d.jpg

Again, if request for close-ups, please PM me - thank you.

Back to work... next one!

Laugh #241 - Fine 6.0 - Bundled up with the Archies deal $12.00 - see post above up.

Nice copy with gloss on cover. It does have minor edge wear, one short crease on middle right edge (above computer-guy's head). Small edge smear on back cover on top. Pages are tanned and clean. The copy does have faint "bend" crease on low middle but I think if pressed, it should cured itself to flat again.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics029_zps48393bbb.jpg

Back cover:

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics032_zpsadec5d4f.jpg

Free comic - Laugh #251 (if take #241 above)

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics024_zpsccb3730b.jpg

Next one ... Gold Key! Space Family Robinson "Lost In Space" comics - I have 3 issues here in high grades VF 7.5 - 8.0.

Lost In Space #22 - VF8.0 - $25.00 $22.00 $20.00

I'll let the photos speak with close-ups.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics018_zps09b321c7.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics019_zpsc7f8a81d.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics020_zps54eea59b.jpg

Back cover:

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics021_zpsce9ba9d4.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics022_zpse3db0004.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics023_zpsd36bcf34.jpg

First comic for sale is "Best of Bugs Bunny" #2 - Giant issue published in 1959. I say VG 4.0 since there are many dimples on front cover which do hurt its condition. Do have white pages at least. Some edge creases/edge wear - good for a reader copy - $5.00

Back cover

I think the price guide says that it is a book from 1968. Early Bugs reprints inside would make it a pretty nice purchase.

Lost In Space #21 - VF7.5- Looks like can be at VF/NM but there are about 4-5 cover creases you might not able see in photos. One visable crease on left bottom corner, another crease breaking on right corner and up by top corner. Then and another curved crease on back by spine edge plus one creased corner there. However, it's a nice copy with beautiful painted artwork. Gerenally a good copy.

$20.00 $17.00 $14.00

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics006_zps56d9d10f.jpg

Back cover:

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics007_zps13c3c859.jpg

First comic for sale is "Best of Bugs Bunny" #2 - Giant issue published in 1959. I say VG 4.0 since there are many dimples on front cover which do hurt its condition. Do have white pages at least. Some edge creases/edge wear - good for a reader copy - $5.00

Back cover

I think the price guide says that it is a book from 1968. Early Bugs reprints inside would make it a pretty nice purchase.

I did what you just did. But since the guide didn't show the photo to verfiy what is said on page. All I found on copyrights on bottom was the last year published - 1959. I re-checked in another site and you're right - it's a 1968.

I'll correct this - thank you!

Break over - back to posting more comics...

Walt Disney Comics and Stories digests - sealed inside original bag! This is "Whitman" yellow labeled digests - issue #54 and 55. Both looks like to be in NM- condition.

How many of you ever seen a bagged pack for digests like this? I'd image not seen a long time since! Something cool for a collector who's into Whitman variants.

Asking for $30.00 - Sale pending

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics001_zps93bd0a99.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics002_zps15188ddb.jpg

Next one...

House of Mystery #157 (Dial H for Hero series) This is the 2nd Appearance for Robby Reed. Nice beautiful copy - it would reach NM- 9.2 easily. Photos below says it all

Sale Pending

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics005_zps43d67469.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics006_zpsa0bdf7b9.jpg

Next one -

Archie Annual giant issue #13 - low VG - smeared/soiled covers on front and back, seems to be from result of glue on spine? There are lots of "waving" across the spine. Good for reading as there are lots of Harry Luecy stories inside! 84 pages thick.

Hot Love for Super Bundle with other Archies for $12.00 !! See in Jughead #180 post <3

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics009_zpsd7954e9f.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics010_zps2d21e61f.jpg

Next ...

BARGAIN POST!!

Here is one lot of 4 comics - all 100 pgs Giants - for $8.00! $4.00 FREE to who spends over $20 worth!

They are in all low VG grades but still makes for good reading.

World's Finest #224, 225

Brave and the Bold #115

Shazam #14

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics017_zps7177311a.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics018_zpsdfa640fe.jpg