• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your predication in 2014?

70 posts in this topic

Harley Quinn will continue to see renewed interest as she is the new "Deadpool".

I'll take that a step further and they will put her in *something* to elevate her presence a bit more. I think we're seeing the tip of the iceberg with how hot Harley is going to be.

I don't disagree. She is still lukewarm except for her 1st appearance. Give her another few months let her series keep cooking and lets revisit. Already in 2 series at once currently. They haven't dragged her out to Deadpool levels yet.

In 2014, Marvel and DC will announce more movie plans. This will result in some books getting ridiculously hot. Most of them will not actually be worth anything, and will eventually drop right back where they started once the movie finally comes out a few years later.

Some of the books actually will retain value, though. Those will be books that are currently undervalued to begin with, like Tales of Suspense #57 was before the Avengers hype boom.

Books that will get a deserved movie bump in 2014 and retain their new value include:

Avengers #8

Tales to Astonish #44

Strange Tales #126

DC Comics Presents #26

We already have seen books are hot while other books got derailed in 2013.

Which books will be hot in 2014?

Which books will you must have in your collection in 2014?

Which books will be declined in value dramatically in 2014?

Any book in any age and any category that doesn't matter.

I'm going all in on the Ghost Rider reboot. I think that issue #1 will have some wheels.

We already have seen books are hot while other books got derailed in 2013.

Which books will be hot in 2014?

Which books will you must have in your collection in 2014?

Which books will be declined in value dramatically in 2014?

Any book in any age and any category that doesn't matter.

I'm going all in on the Ghost Rider reboot. I think that issue #1 will have some wheels.

It's taken me a few days, but I finally got the pun. Good one. doh!

What's a predication? (shrug)

Noun

predication (plural predications)

A proclamation, announcement or preaching

An assertion or affirmation

(logic) The act of making something the subject or predicate of a proposition

(computing) The parallel execution of all possible outcomes of a branch instruction, all except one of which are discarded after the branch condition has been evaluated

Most of us are delivering our predictions as predications.