• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are COOLING OFF on ebay!

420 posts in this topic

Since the other thread is for speculation, it's only suitable to have it's inverse. (The other side of speculation)

The purpose of this thread is to share information within this community, on which modern books are struggling, or have collapsed, on eBay.

I'm a little bit out of the loop with the modern speculative bubble(a few months AWOL), but I will continuously check back with this thread, so I can have a better understanding of the current state of the bubble.

Thanks in advance to all of the contributors. \(worship\)

CBT

------------------------------------

PS - Click and read the first post of the heating up thread to fully understand the above :D;)

PPS - Gotta do something to fight the US Thanksgiving posting lull.

I offer:

Bane's back breaking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190972933787?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

BATMAN #497 CGC 9.8 - $31

Nowhere Men #1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111218452005?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Nowhere Men #1 CGC 9.8 - $31

to get the ball rolling...

I think listings like this drive prices down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nowhere-Men-Image-Comics-1-5-1st-Prints-NM-NM-/331072369617?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d157373d1

Edit: too many shown.

Upon further review ( too much football today ) Nowhere Men raw sets are still doing pretty well when they sell. Listed as 1 2 3 4 5 6

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=nowhere+men&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xnowhere+men+1+2+3+4+5+6+&_nkw=nowhere+men+1+2+3+4+5+6+&_sacat=63

they are still bringing in the $50 to $60 range which is still a good return if you bought them new off the shelf and great if you pre-ordered.

The Walking Dead.

I'm thinking there are more flippers than collectors now. The tables have turned.

agreed, i think that was the case on the way up too. Hence the over supply of so many Image books printed in the last two years.

krighton is a forum member here, that's a tough sale, interesting that someone either stole his pic or you found an alt account.

Yeah, I know and like krighton . It is still my opinion that showing that many copies of each book makes it look like a glut of material is available on ebay . It is weird that someone would copy that particular picture. It worked for 1 seller and didn't work the other. The surprising thing to me is that it is selling as well as it is in sets and getting killed when sold individually.

All 3-D DC Villans covers
I was at Newbury Comics today and lo and behold there was a Jokers Daughter in amazing brand new condition for $3.99. So I bought it. Couldn't have been there since the release, I figure a subscriber gone bad.

Yeah, I know and like krighton . It is still my opinion that showing that many copies of each book makes it look like a glut of material is available on ebay . It is weird that someone would copy that particular picture. It worked for 1 seller and didn't work the other. The surprising thing to me is that it is selling as well as it is in sets and getting killed when sold individually.

On the first part, I agree, I would say in general sometimes people cut their losses and just get what they can for some books though. I know I have done this, sold something in bulk just to move on.

You gotta think, the people who are in the market for NWM, are going to be more likely to buy a large group than try and pay for every book individually.

Especially if they are non-american, you want to pay as little in shipping as possible.

All 3-D DC Villans covers
I was at Newbury Comics today and lo and behold there was a Jokers Daughter in amazing brand new condition for $3.99. So I bought it. Couldn't have been there since the release, I figure a subscriber gone bad.

It has definitely cooled off but will always be THE 3D book from that particular set. Nice buy (thumbs u