• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quarter Bin Fun!

18 posts in this topic

I stopped by my LCS today to pick up the new Goon and Conan issues and decided to dig through the quarter bins they had. Glad I did! Found some weird stuff, including the first issue of Fish Police that people always talk about here. Also came up with a great dollar bin gem. If anyone wants to post their recent finds that would be cool. Here they are....

hellblazer.jpg

Not a bad bunch of stuff for 2.25 thumbsup2.gif. Anyone know of a site that will let me host scans without resizing them? I am sick of photobuckets postage stamp size ones.

Tell you what....I am feeling nice, I will give you $5.50 and let you double your money on me. I know I am a sucke, but I am just trying to help.

grin.gif

Thanks, the mag looks to be a nice F/VF at first glance, but it has 6 or 7 tiny 1/4" water drop stains at the top of the back cover, which are almost invisible. So maybe Fine or F-? The store actually had a bunch of savage sword mags, including some early issues. I will go back tmrw and pick them up.

I stopped by my LCS today to pick up the new Goon and Conan issues and decided to dig through the quarter bins they had. Glad I did! Found some weird stuff, including the first issue of Fish Police that people always talk about here. Also came up with a great dollar bin gem. If anyone wants to post their recent finds that would be cool. Here they are....

Look, just because you take the "25¢" sign from the quarter box and place it in front of whatever box your currently looking in DOES NOT make it the quarter box. You need to go back to your LCS and pay that guy for what you stole. tongue.gif

Your story sounds lamost like the time I found VF Spectre run of Adventure Comics at Half-Price Books. Half of 20¢ -- uh, ok. thumbsup2.gif

Went back today and looked throught the boxes again. Came away with VG copies of Savage Sword 2, 4 and 5 and VF copies of 80, 82, 100 and 105. Not worth a ton, but should be some good reading.

Yes they are good reading thumbsup2.gif