• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

93 posts in this topic

First PM wins over :takeit:

Private Message is easier for me

Also can you clarify this, since it is not the typical method of claiming a book for purchase?

Do you mean ANY PM wins over a public :takeit:?

So someone making an offer of $100, has first right over any publicly posted full price :takeit: in the thread?

just trying to make sure it is clear to a potential buyer the best way to express their intent to purchase.

thanks, now off to Comics General...

Also, please correct your misleading thread title. You have for sale a Los Hombres X #1 CGC 3.5, not an X-Men #1 CGC 3.5...says so right there on the CGC label.

Now that is reaching.

I have a feeling this is going to spill into an argument with the foreign variant collectors/fans and the general collectors. :slapfight:

Also, please correct your misleading thread title. You have for sale a Los Hombres X #1 CGC 3.5, not an X-Men #1 CGC 3.5...says so right there on the CGC label.

Now that is reaching.

I have a feeling this is going to spill into an argument with the foreign variant collectors/fans and the general collectors. :slapfight:

in the list of things that raise flags its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down there.

At best he gets a few extra views from people clicking on the link thinking its the real deal english 1st print. Not like anyones hitting the "take it" actually thinking its the $1800 US version.

Good luck with the ensuing storm!

I hit quote just to see if my guess of the *spooned* word was right.

IT WAS!!! :acclaim:

+1

If there is X-Men 1 in the title, that's what I would expect to see, not "Los Hombres"

:P

Now that is reaching.

What did you think you'd see when you clicked the link?

Now that is reaching.

I know I clicked it this afternoon with a little :o anticipation and then a meh when i saw the book that was REALLY for sale. Not to pile on, but it's definitely misleading.

Most of the foreign variant sales I've seen list "German Version" or "Mexican Version" and what not. (shrug)

Now that is reaching.

my years of eBaying have taught be better than to trust a title! (tsk):D

Now that is reaching.

Matter of opinion. I don't like it.

No, of course I don't think it's misleading to the point that someone would post up the 'take it' thinking they're really getting an X-Men 1...it just reinforces the pattern that is seemingly emerging. Besides...there's no rule that says you must cite a specific book in a sales thread title...but if you do cite a specific book, I think that book should be for sale in the sales thread...maybe I'm just a stickler for details. (shrug) Goes along with my OCD nature.