• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much do comics actually weigh?

44 posts in this topic

way back when i was using these U-line magazine mailers because u-line had a great sale and i got a scad of them for like 25 cents each. you could put the bagged/boarded comic in there with some of that sheet foam type packing material or bubble wrap to stop it from sliding around and it came in at under 10 ounces and you were shipping it in a nice little sturdy box. didn't need extra cardboard. folks loved them.

but i think those are well over 60 cents a pop now, so you don't save money by eliminating 1-2 oz of shipping weight.

BUT they are useful for potentially shipping 3 comics and getting in under 13 oz.

How many pages are those DC Dollar Books?

Great info, I appreciate it!

-slym

I believe all were 64 pages. Thick for saddle stitching but they are really cool books.

Actually, those two Pov mentioned were 80 pages (plus covers).

The dollar books were 80 pages for all of 1977 and most of 1978, then went to 64 pages in (cover date) October '78 . In late 1980 they went to 52 pages.

How many pages are those DC Dollar Books?

Great info, I appreciate it!

-slym

I believe all were 64 pages. Thick for saddle stitching but they are really cool books.

Actually, those two Pov mentioned were 80 pages (plus covers).

The dollar books were 80 pages for all of 1977 and most of 1978, then went to 64 pages in (cover date) October '78 . In late 1980 they went to 52 pages.

Cool info. I wasn't sure so I wimped out with "I believe". :(