• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else run into these kind of ITP's?

24 posts in this topic

Some people are just very unknowledgeable. I had someone tell me they used to own a Thor #1 from trhe 60's. I just replied back "it must have been an annual because there is no Thor #1"

On the other hand, when I tell people I have X-men #1 - 350, I'm telling the truth. Not everyone is lying.

DG

true-but if i quizzed you about where you acquired them your story wouldn't fall apart like third world toilet paper....also you would never say you 'had' them but mom sold em in a yard sale.....wtf are all these yard sales anyway? everyone lost their valuable comics to these apocryphal sales but i have yet to see one.....

I never have luck at garage sales. The luckiest and most unusual place I found comics was at a used record store. I have a general idea about where most of my comics were acquired. I remember buying Monsters on the Prowl #18 at a KOA campground in Florida. I remember me and my cousin both buying Nova #1 in Cleveland GA. I remember buying my mom a Night Nurse #1 at a convenience store near my house and she didn't want it so I kept it. I remember buying X-Men #94 at Rehoboth Pharmacy.

DG

I was one the proud owner of Hulk 7

I would assume that taking a Hulk 7 would make anybody a Thor 1.

DG

ouch! I get it....