• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 versus 2013

45 posts in this topic

The number of really good indie titles that came out this year is staggering. I'm kind of hoping that 2014 isn't the same because I can't keep adding to my pull list at the rate I have this year.

If we get even one book as good as EoW, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy or Suicide Risk I'll be happy.

I will join my wallet and say we are with you. A little new stuff would be great but too much of a good thing is... Aw heck, who needs food ? lol

It's a constant stream of quality reading at the moment. Velvet, Manifest Destiny and Black Science in just the last two months have me locked in for at least the first arc.

All good and I would add Letter 44 and Rat queens to that list. Sci fi and action/adventure that doesn't talk down to you.

I think 2012 vs 2013 was very interesting.

The velocity of how things move these days is just amazing. I feel like in 2 years we went through 2 decades of cycles.

I liken 2012 to the 80's where some quality independent stuff came out, and prices spiked. Which brought out the speculators.... And then this year we saw the 90's with tons of variant covers, over delayed comics (Daymen and NWM anyone??) and if you dug a bit you found some really amazing work.

I think 2014 will be more of a regression to the mean. I think it's going to be rare that any image titles take people by surprise anymore. Esp if there's at least a B+ team running the book.

I also think this is a really amazing time to be a comic fan. There's a few cool stories being put out by the "big 2" and the independents are littered with cool ideas and great stories.