• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: AMAZING FANTASY #15 (CGC 1.5) + Reader ASM #7 & #18

21 posts in this topic

Howdy folks,

Wanted to keep this one separate from my last thread as it's a big book. And my last remaining Marvel slab.

I'm crying a little bit on the inside as it's become obvious that it's time to part with my beloved Amazing Fantasy #15 to help with some bills and my new pursuits in Golden Age DC.

As prices on this book continue to soar to ridiculous heights, I'm probably going to regret this. But my pain is your gain.

So let's get this unpleasantness out of the way. lol

:rulez:

1. US buyers only for this one. Price includes shipping and insurance via USPS Registered Mail. I will not ship any other way or out of the United States on this book.

2. Paypal or Cash upon local pickup (New York City/Central Jersey) are the only methods of payment I'll accept at this time. You can take 5% off the price with the local pickup option.

3. Payment is expected within 48 hours as book must ship this week (leaving for extended holidays with the family). Likewise, with the local pickup option. It must happen before December 21st. Absolutely no time payments on this one.

4. Absolutely no probies, HOSers, or anything even remotely close to those lovely distinctions.

5. Feel free to PM offers, but an :takeit: in the thread trumps any negotiations.

And most importantly, Happy Holidays and thanks for indulging me! :)

--CB

AMAZING FANTASY #15 (1st Spider-Man; 1st Aunt May & Uncle Ben) CGC 1.5

CGC NOTES: Off-White Pages; Tape stain on interior cover

MY NOTES: I've had this copy for a while now and have been very pleased with it.

Sure, the big piece out of the top right of the front cover is the elephant in the room, but it's structurally a much nicer book than that. Heck, it's actually kind of cool that you can see the Ditko Spidey peaking out from one of the most awesome splash pages of all time.

There's some spine and edge wear, and some creases, but surprisingly very little of the Marvel chipping that you so often see with lower grade examples of this book. Colors are also very good. But there are a few markings (a couple from an ink pen, and another from a pencil).

All in all, this is a great looking starter copy. If it weren't missing the piece from the top right, it'd easily gain at least a point if not more on the CGC scale.

PRICE: $4750 shipped (5% off with local pickup arrangements).

I don't have a legal scanner, so here is a partial scan and some pics from my phone. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

ps06.jpg

54nw.jpg

jttx.jpg

ogc5.jpg

TITLE: Amazing Spider-Man #7 (2nd Vulture)

GRADE: FR; Reader's copy; Marvel indicia has been removed from the top left of the front cover; also, the spider insignia has been cut out of Spider-Man's back on the front cover; name written on splash page; otherwise the book is complete, readable and structurally sound in accordance with the grade. Lots of wear and tear but it's still attached at both staples and not brittle.

PRICE: $45 shipped anywhere in the USA.

1vce.jpg

bei3.jpg

CGC NOTES: Off-White Pages; Tape stain on interior cover

MY NOTES: I've had this copy for a while now and have been very pleased with it.

Sure, the big piece out of the top right of the front cover is the elephant in the room, but it's structurally a much nicer book than that. Heck, it's actually kind of cool that you can see the Ditko Spidey peaking out from one of the most awesome splash pages of all time.

There's some spine and edge wear, and some creases, but surprisingly very little of the Marvel chipping that you so often see with lower grade examples of this book. Colors are also very good. But there are a few markings (a couple from an ink pen, and another from a pencil).

All in all, this is a great looking starter copy. If it weren't missing the piece from the top right, it'd easily gain at least a point if not more on the CGC scale.

I don't have a legal scanner, so here is a partial scan and some pics from my phone. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

ps06.jpg

54nw.jpg

jttx.jpg

ogc5.jpg

Amazing Fantasy #15 sold via PM.

ps06.jpg

54nw.jpg

jttx.jpg

ogc5.jpg

:takeit: Per PM

ps06.jpg

54nw.jpg

jttx.jpg

ogc5.jpg

^^ Congratulations on acquiring one heck of a book!

ps06.jpg

54nw.jpg

jttx.jpg

ogc5.jpg

^^ Congratulations on acquiring one heck of a book!

Thank you!!!