• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Journey into Mystery #94

9 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. No restoration, by the way. I have to remember to say that in my posts; every time I forget ,someone asks that. I take it as a compliment, as all my books are original owner and I really stopped collecting about 1965, just kept them in storage pretty much since I bought them off the rack, and believe it or not, I'm only just now gathering opinions from y'all before I decide to either sell some on eBay or send them for grading. So the colors have remained pretty sharp. I guess that must be why so many think there's been restoration.But nope, not on mine. Thanks again, all. Very, very helpful.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. No restoration, by the way. I have to remember to say that in my posts; every time I forget ,someone asks that. I take it as a compliment, as all my books are original owner and I really stopped collecting about 1965, just kept them in storage pretty much since I bought them off the rack, and believe it or not, I'm only just now gathering opinions from y'all before I decide to either sell some on eBay or send them for grading. So the colors have remained pretty sharp. I guess that must be why so many think there's been restoration.But nope, not on mine. Thanks again, all. Very, very helpful.

How did you store them? I've noticed pretty much everything you have posted has nice color and page quality.

If you do sell them, you should consider listing them on the boards before trying ebay. While they generally seem to be in mid-grade, the page quality and strong cover inks will go over well with board buyers, and you will probably find a greater appreciation of an original owner collection here. I say this as a disinterested party who doesn't collect SA books myself, though I have a fondness for them, and if I had such a collection I'd do my research as to fair market value, and then try my luck here before ebay, saving the fees as well.

Topcat, will do. I've sometimes listed what I'm posting on the "Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers, etc." thread.

Rjpb, I got lucky on storage. At first I didn't know what I was doing, just put them in envelopes and stacked them in a dry closet for 25 years, then finally started bagging & boarding them in the 80s. Re-bagged them all recently. Fortunately the colors remained pretty sharp. And thanks for taking time to convey your thoughts on posting on the boards. At this point, I can use all the suggestions I can get.