• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preserving the History - Scan a Comic Book

69 posts in this topic

I'd love to see more. Any UK Marvel or Charltons out there? Anything that is poorly represented online.

DG

I keep wanting to post but cant match the High grade stuff of you guys.

When you say UK Marvels do you mean UK Marvels or Pence copies of Marvels, Pence copies I can do.

I will do a few more Charltons later.

Heres one you wont see often

REGISTEREDNURSE1.jpg

CharltonGiantChrismasBook3_zps9af9d503.jpg

UnusualTales1.jpg

Attack1_zps9d39cf39.jpg

25.jpg

37.jpg

32.jpg

26.jpg

BlueBeetle1.jpg

27.jpg

It doesn't have to be super high grade. I was just hoping to see high quality scans that are worthy of going into image galleries across the web. Something to replace the lousy images already out there. Any scan of something that's not already out there is awesome. Digital photos are cool if there is no other archive out there, but seeing high quality scans is what I was really trying to encourage.

What really inspired this thread was seeing some pence versions of Charltons on eBay. They were low quality digital photos with the comics still in their bag. As far as what the retailer was selling... they are unique on the web! If collectors had seen them in an image gallery, it might actually create a customer base for them. It just baffled me as to why a retailer is using poor quality images to sell their product, especially when there is no other comic like it being sold on the web. Also, there are random comics like Billy the Kid #51 that have no decent scans available online.

I'm a bit of an archivist trying to collect info on this stuff so it takes people like you guys showing off these oddities.

Keep in mind that many of the GCD scans were collected back when people were still on dial up. The compression is high. The rtesolution is low. The quality is bad from from jpg/gif file conversions. The images were pulled from ebay ads and online listings. Some were probably collected online with AOL's proprietary ".art" file format.

DG