• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First to the 1st, On the 1st, a Discussion of CGC Census Graded Firsts!

51 posts in this topic

At the time I had it done, I believe this was a one of a kind book. Sgt Rock 422 signed by Andy, Adam, and Joe Kubert. Since then a boardie has gotten a 9.4 slabbed with all three sigs. I don't know if more copies of this issue exists with sigs by all three.

The "2 names written on 1st page in marker" are Andy and Adam. Back in 2001, I asked them to sign the book at a White Plains, NY show.

2302132127121.jpg

Sean,

Supremely JEALOUS! Especially for the Kaluta signatures!

In my book, Kaluta is up there with Adams and Wrightson. Yet he doesn't get the accolades he deserves. Why?

Anway... thanks for sharing!

By all means post more whenever you feel for it.

SW3D

Hey Jeffro,

You should name this beauty, "All in the Family!"

Kubert signature times three! So very appropiate, and it's a key last issue. Very, very cool!

Thanks for sharing!

SW3D

Sean,

In my book, Kaluta is up there with Adams and Wrightson. Yet he doesn't get the accolades he deserves. Why?

SW3D

Kaluta is a master. Honestly, and I hate to say it, but I think the difference is that Kaluta did not do any work for Marvel in the 70's. If he did, he would be as sought after as BWS, Wrightson, and NA.

I was very fortunate to get Kaluta right after the NYCC several years ago (2007, I think). Rich Henn then had a signing with him in 2010 or 2011 where I got some moderns done.

Can't wait to see what else gets posted here!

Sean,

SW3D

Kaluta is a master. Honestly, and I hate to say it, but I think the difference is that Kaluta did not do any work for Marvel in the 70's. If he did, he would be as sought after as BWS, Wrightson, and NA.

I was very fortunate to get Kaluta right after the NYCC several years ago (2007, I think). Rich Henn then had a signing with him in 2010 or 2011 where I got some moderns done.

Can't wait to see what else gets posted here!

I met Kaluta at a NYC show in the pre-CGC days. I'd love to get a book SSed by him.

MM,

That is an awesome key! Charlton's first comic book! Wow!

Just curious, why is it number 101? Did Charlton purchase the title from another publisher?

SW3D

No one seems to know. According to DCM, "Whether this represents an attempt at

creativity in numbering or a misunderstanding of existing comic book numbering

conventions is unclear.".

While it says No. 101 on the cover, inside it's printed as Vol. 1 No. 1.

mm