• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 199..error, reprint, variant, Marvel pack, what IS it?

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

While combing through a bunch of orignal owner FFs I just picked up, I found an interesting FF 199 that caught my eye. It has a non-standard $.35 price stamp, and lacks a bar code on the lower left side.

Now, 199 is not listed as a price variant in the Guide, and in fact the $.35 price is indeed what it should be, but it's the only 199 I've ever seen with this particular stamp. All other 199s (three in my personal collection, over a dozen I scoped in eBay stores, and every other one according to memory) has the "Still Only $.35" stamp and the bar code.

So, what is this? The lack of a bar code indicates that maybe it's a reprint, perhaps one of those Marvel Multi-Mag Pack books, but the indicia is consistent with the cover date: Oct '78 (which is what it should be) with nothing to indicate it was a reprint.

Does anyone else have or has seen a copy like this? Anyone want to venture a guess?

1097884965284_FF199error.JPG