• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is on your Pull List?

99 posts in this topic

If I had a pull list, I prefer to select my own copies but here's what I'm peeing my money away on every month, and it's almost all Image (thumbs u

Walking Dead

Sheltered

Clone

Revival

Manifest Destiny

Ten Grand

Mercenary Sea

The Field

Starlight

Southern Bastards

Nailbiter

Revenge

The Field

Starlight

Velvet

Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth

Dead Body Road

The Bunker

The Woods

Bedlam (whenever it comes out)

Jupiter's Legacy (see Bedlam)

Deadpool

Deadpool mini series

Moon Knight

.. I dropped Manhattan Projects and Peter Panzerfaust a few issues back, may pick up those issues I'm missing eventually at the next LCS 1/2 off sale. Too many books and too much good new stuff coming out

Sheltered should be making speculators happy.

Sadly issue #8 is only ~6,000 prints.

Quoting a letter from Brisson in Sheltered #7:

While there's not a whole lot we can about it now, what we can say is that the films is being produced by Circle of Confusion -- the fine folks behind THE WALKING DEAD tv series -- and will be written and directed by Jesse Peyronel, the filmmaker behind SIREN and a writer for NBC's DRACULA and USA's DIG.

The -script is currently being developed with a goal to begin shooting before the end of 2014.

While there's not a whole lot we can about it now, what we can say is that the films is being produced by Circle of Confusion -- the fine folks behind THE WALKING DEAD tv series -- and will be written and directed by Jesse Peyronel, the filmmaker behind SIREN and a writer for NBC's DRACULA and USA's DIG.

The -script is currently being developed with a goal to begin shooting before the end of 2014.

Interesting. We talk about it all of the time but I guess if these books were selling 40-50,000 copies then they wouldn't be so easy to resell. I'd like to see a happy medium where we get quality stories like this, the creators make money, and we could still have something to help the comic values so we can buy more stuff. A happy medium. I personally am becoming less and less concerned if something is going to be a TV show or movie and really just enjoying the books.

The following is applicable to non-superhero stories.

I am a Speculator. No doubt about it. But I only gather what I enjoy reading.

Many board members frown upon speculators. Many think investing in modern comics is not a good idea. And they have decades of figures to back their hypothesis.

I think the number of comic books that will reach other mediums (television, movies) will greatly increase within the next five years. And I hope to capitalize on this road which TMNT, MLP & TWD have paved.

Below is a list of books which I am invested in. Most will disagree, but: I think these are a good investment. I hope 2 or 3 of these books to make it big, in which case, I'll see a return.

Investments: Clone, Todd, Sheltered, Letter 44, Pretty Deadly, Revival, Black Science, Day Men, Mind MGMT

I passed upon: Manifest Destiny, Lazarus, Sex Criminals, Jupiter's Legacy, Velvet.

Reader copies only: Rat Queens, Hoax Hunters, Ghosted, Five Ghosts, East of West, TWD (I missed the boat on being an early investor), Peter Panzerfaust, the Wake (mini), Wraith (mini), Rai, the Other Dead (mini).

Books which I collect as a collector Scalped, Severed, Saga.

No doubt Sheltered is one of the decent ones out there. It seems like Ed Brisson wrote this with the goal of this becoming a movie or a TV show someday.

Seems like everybody is on the image bandwagon. I have to admit I have been speculating but to a lesser degree. I know people out there would be buying 5 to 10 copies and hoping value will go up.

If I could still buy comic on the regular:

Wake :cool:

Aquaman

Batman

MK?? Have only read #1

MOTU

Saga

Southern Bastards (worship)

Mercenary Sea :cloud9:

Rat Queens :cloud9:

Conan: Avenger

King Conan :applause:

Star Wars Ongoing

Black Science

Maybe a couple other randoms as well

I'm down to a few on a monthly (and several that I still buy and am behind on)

TWD

Saga :cloud9:

Manhattan Projects :cloud9:

Invincible :cloud9: :cloud9:

Rachel Rising

Think Tank

Still buying but behind on:

Clone

Thief of Thieves

Mind MGMT

Currently reading Crisis on Infinite Earths TPB

Current pull list (although I'm only up to date on the first three):

Image (12)

Invincible

Southern bastards

Nail biter

Walking dead

Alex and Ada

Saga

Manifest destiny

Rat queens

Sheltered

Chew HCs

Peter panzerfaust tpb/hc

Morning glories HC

Amazing Spider-Man

Hawkeye HC

X-O Manowar

Dollar bin pickups:

All other Valiant books

:hi: Ryan !

I haven't seen you in moderns much lately. I see Invincible is way up on your read list and I don't blame you. I left that off my list by mistake but its a great book. doh!

Yo! I'm still around. But moderns are 1 day of story talk and 29 days of spec talk.

ad nauseam seems like an appropriate descriptor

:hi: Ryan !

I haven't seen you in moderns much lately. I see Invincible is way up on your read list and I don't blame you. I left that off my list by mistake but its a great book. doh!

Yo! I'm still around. But moderns are 1 day of story talk and 29 days of spec talk.

ad nauseam seems like an appropriate descriptor

I won't deny it. Definitely more spec talk than not but lots of good stuff out right now worth reading. Anyway, good to see you around here. Always enjoy your comments. (thumbs u

I've cut down my pull to the following:

Image - Black Science & Walking Dead

DC - Bats

Marvel - Spiderman

Might stop DC after Forever Evil is done at this point in time,