• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detectives, Doom Patrols and Hulks (Oh, My!) + And Now More!

28 posts in this topic

Heckle and Jeckle #3 (#1) -- VG $40

This is the first issue of the St. John's series (I have no clue what the first two issues were...). General wear. Arrival date written in pencil on cover. Centerfold and cover firmly attached.

HeckleJeckle837_zps6e3a970c.jpg

First "real" Valkyrie, right? (I can't get her origin straight.)

That depends on which retcon Marvel is using this minute, but in the actual comic world (i.e. real time), the first "real" Valkyrie is still Defenders 4.

Well, a couple of people have mentioned that my prices are a bit steep.

You can certainly make an offer. I am never offended. If it's too low, I'll more than likely counter. But I won't curse or call you names.

(I will put a voodoo hex on you, but that's another story.)

(And sorry for the second bump in one day.)

First "real" Valkyrie, right? (I can't get her origin straight.)

That depends on which retcon Marvel is using this minute, but in the actual comic world (i.e. real time), the first "real" Valkyrie is still Defenders 4.

I have explained this several times. Defenders #4 is the first Valkyrie in the body of Barbara Norriss, but the very first Valkyrie is either Avengers #83 (I have to re-read it, as the Enchantress had a hold on the Valkyrie and used her as a disguise in that issue), or the Hulk #142 posted by RCheli, where Valkyrie is summoned and incarnates temporarily in the body of Samantha Parrington (if you read the issue, and all the character's history you’ll see it‘s very liklely that one).

If we say the Valkyrie people have known and loved was the Barbara-body incarnated, it’s another issue and of course Defenders #4 is more relevant/desirable, but it is clearly explained that mind/soul and body were always swapped, before the Valkyrie was freed from that (in later Defenders issues, and fully explained in Thor issues from the Eternals saga, which I have still to read). :)

I don’t care about crappy "retcons" of recent times Marvel, but all these belong to when things worked properly. (thumbs u