• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC significantly harde grading this year

3 posts in this topic

Is it me, or does it seem as if the grading is much stricter in the past few months? I purchased some CGC books from Comicconnect and they all have grades 8.0 or higher but these books are pretty flawed. I sent in some of my books that look significantly better in color, fading, chips and creases, but they all came back with horrible grades. Am I doing something wrong? Can you request a grader, is it better if u ask them to flatten book first? Sorry I'm just new to all this. Thank you very much

The slab will often hide defects from easy view. If you remove a few from their slabs you'll see what I mean. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes. :grin:

Choosing which books to send in is a developed skill, that takes diligence, keen observation, and practice.

It's like the old joke about the tourist asking a NY cabbie, "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?"

Cabbie: "Practice, practice, practice." lol