• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON 2014 - Aug 8-10, 2014

199 posts in this topic

Haven't been to a major convention in years, might try to make this one.

:whee:

mm

Hardly a major convention, Try NYCC instead

Stick with Boston. It's a great show. You get the same people, more room to walk around and less headaches. NYCC is certainly turning to SDCC, especially after they started using their BS ticketing system.

Haven't been to a major convention in years, might try to make this one.

:whee:

mm

Hardly a major convention, Try NYCC instead

Stick with Boston. It's a great show. You get the same people, more room to walk around and less headaches. NYCC is certainly turning to SDCC, especially after they started using their BS ticketing system.

Thanks...I'll take your suggestion.

mm

I would like to just throw this out there. The Boston ComicCon is fast approaching. Some of you guys know about or have been to my shop. The Friday eve of the ComicCon weekend, I like to offer up my shop as a place for a board meet up. BYOB, trade some books, card game etc. My regular hours for a Friday are 4-9pm and we can hang here til 12.1, 2 whenever. I'm 25 yards from the bus that takes to go and from the MBTA Blue Line if you got no wheels and your staying in town. Winthrop is located next to Logan Airport so I'm minutes by car to the con. Cab may be $20 either way.

5 people, 10 or 15 would be cool. There is a back court yard and small fire pit and being noisy is ok.

Anyone like the idea?

:applause:

I should be going Saturday. I missed out last year but I too wish it was back in the Spring Time. This Con is so close to Dragon Con this year so it makes it hard for me. I am looking forward to seeing some of the artist coming here though. I am interested to learning more about CGC being there, I do have some books I'd like to get done.

Meet at the GACollectibles booth. There will be strippers.

doh! I told Andy I wasn't doing that again no matter how many sales it brought in.

hm

It's not NY or SD, but last year I think the tally was 20k attendees plus. Maybe 22k? I can't recall. Overall I'd say it's family friendly. Can't speak to the panels. If I'm not toting barges and lifting bales for GACollectibles I'm bin digging. You might want to read G-man's 2013 Con Report or my 2013 report.

It's not NY or SD, but last year I think the tally was 20k attendees plus. Maybe 22k? I can't recall. Overall I'd say it's family friendly. Can't speak to the panels. If I'm not toting barges and lifting bales for GACollectibles I'm bin digging. You might want to read G-man's 2013 Con Report or my 2013 report.

thanks , just deciding whether to go it alone or bring along my kid sister (she's a massive Buffy fan and also loves Barrowman from Dr Who/Torchwood)