• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 1/2/2022 at 9:16 PM, Professor K said:

Well if you thought that was bad, a page just sold on e b a y for 5,100. A single page. 3 people bid it from 3k to 5k in the final seconds. And they look like legit bids.

It's Page 2 where he gets bit. Not a splash page. Not the Great power = Great resonsibility page. Not even a page with the Spider-Man on it.

Congrats to the seller. Very happy for you. But this is kind of unsettling. Take the coverless AF 15 that just sold for 12,300, think of how much more it would sell for if broken up into slabbed pages. 

I bet there a lot of owners of low grade AF 15's staring at their scissors at the moment, myself included. 

It's not a cover-less AF 15 it's all a reprint. Sham

On 1/3/2022 at 9:20 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I can tell you positively for sure that one of the bidders was legit!

Oh? Oh!

On 1/3/2022 at 9:30 AM, KryptoSpidey said:

The insides of the book aren't original either. They are cut out of something else. Look at the edges of the pages. It's relisted for sale again. The entire book is a fake. Trust me. And how's his only seller feedback,over a year old so he shows 100%? LOL lol 

Screenshot 2022-01-03 9.32.11 AM.png

On 1/3/2022 at 9:34 AM, KryptoSpidey said:

It's not a cover-less AF 15 it's all a reprint. Sham

Oh ok, I wasn't sure. Some people are just scum, trying to rob people like that. E bay needs to shut this person down.  But I bet a real ungraded coverless would that was real would still sell for at least 10K right now, maybe much more if it looked good.

Aside from that I have a feeling we are going to see many AF 15 pages for sale in the near future. 

Edited by Professor K

On 1/3/2022 at 2:02 PM, Professor K said:

Oh? Oh!

Oh ok, I wasn't sure. Some people are just scum, trying to rob people. But I bet a real ungraded coverless would that was real would still sell for at least 10K right now, maybe much more if it looked good.

Aside from that I have a feeling we are going to see many AF 15 pages for sale in the near future. 

No, I was talking about the AF 15 page last night.  The auction went into the final seconds at $3200, and then jumped right over me to $5100 (or thereabouts)

On 1/3/2022 at 3:11 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

No, I was talking about the AF 15 page last night.  The auction went into the final seconds at $3200, and then jumped right over me to $5100 (or thereabouts)

Oh yes I know that's what you meant. Well I think I do. To you I said just "Oh? Oh!". Which could be translated as Say What? No way!. I did see that last moments action. I was watching the Bat 1 page as I bet you were too, the AF 15 page, and also a 4.0 FF 1, and a 5.5 ASM 1 all ended within minutes of each other. The Bat 1 page 29 got no last minute action at all which is surprising these days right? But yes, 3 people bid that AF 15 page from 3 to 5 in the final 5 seconds. I would never guess you may have been one of those people (if you were of course).  So what's the best way to chop up an AF 15? 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:33 PM, Professor K said:

So what's the best way to chop up an AF 15? 

Shh. The villagers are already gathering their torches and pitchforks and looking for anyone who dares utter that phrase 

I seriously am dismayed that that may happen with AF 15s. I’m not worried about Bat 1s that way

On 1/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, Professor K said:

Oh yes I know that's what you meant. Well I think I do. To you I said just "Oh? Oh!". Which could be translated as Say What? No way!. I did see that last moments action. I was watching the Bat 1 page as I bet you were too, the AF 15 page, and also a 4.0 FF 1, and a 5.5 ASM 1 all ended within minutes of each other. The Bat 1 page 29 got no last minute action at all which is surprising these days right? But yes, 3 people bid that AF 15 page from 3 to 5 in the final 5 seconds. I would never guess you may have been one of those people (if you were of course).  So what's the best way to chop up an AF 15? 

cheese grater 

On 1/3/2022 at 3:29 PM, NoMan said:

maybe the AF15s are worth more per page as opposed to a complete book. hm  Pull out the xacto knife and be careful

Same thing happened with illuminated manuscripts from the Middle Ages.  The pages were worth more being sold individually than as a complete book.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:18 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Shh. The villagers are already gathering their torches and pitchforks and looking for anyone who dares utter that phrase 

I seriously am dismayed that that may happen with AF 15s. I’m not worried about Bat 1s that way

You're right. I am too. I am/was hesitant to even indulge the subject in a public forum. To anyone reading this who is thinking "shut the heck up you fool" I do apologize. But it's really so obvious what this could lead to and its the first thing I thought of when that auction ended. Goodbye .5 AF 15's. Hello market flooded with your pages. I to doubt it will affect Bat 1's as no sane person is going to chop up a Bat 1 in any grade above mutilated. But with thousands of low graded and low grade raw AF 15's out there I think the writing on the wall is quite easy to read. :hi: But perhaps I'm just making molehills.

Edited by Professor K

On 1/3/2022 at 6:34 PM, Professor K said:

You're right. I am too. I am/was hesitant to even indulge the subject in a public forum. To anyone reading this who is thinking "shut the heck up you fool" I do apologize. But it's really so obvious what this could lead to and its the first thing I thought of when that auction ended. Goodbye .5 AF 15's. Hello market flooded with your pages. I to doubt it will affect Bat 1's as no sane person is going to chop up a Bat 1 in any grade above mutilated. But with thousands of low graded and low grade raw AF 15's out there I think the writing on the wall is quite easy to read. :hi: But perhaps I'm just making molehills.

Wherever a price differential/dollar can be made there will be those that will exploit it.  

On 1/4/2022 at 7:29 AM, OuterboroGuy said:

Same thing happened with illuminated manuscripts from the Middle Ages.  The pages were worth more being sold individually than as a complete book.

And they didn't even have the benefit of driven up prices due to speculation of upcoming movies!

What spec was needed for the biggest character in the world? It def helps the cause when billions of people watched a great animated movie this latest instalment live action and I’ll go out on limb and say the next animated flick will be outstanding . 

Up up and away as they say $$$$$$$$$$$. What’s driving this book is the character and supporting heroes and villains are the best ever made !

On 1/4/2022 at 5:23 AM, Subby1938 said:

Low grade copies are worth more as a whole comic but an incomplete copy missing pages to begin with that may get chopped. I have a 1.5 I love and I wouldn’t ever consider doing that to mine 

I bought a coverless Cap 1 that had many panels cut out (it was a mess).  I bought it to get the CF to marry into my nice copy.

Every wrap except for the CF was split at the spine.  So after I removed the CF, I had all of these individual pages.  I decided since the wraps  were split that I'd slab all of the pages individually.  I felt bad breaking it up, but I have to admit it worked out great.  When I was done selling them it was like I got the CF for free and I made $2000 profit on top of that.

I think we're definitely going to see this happening now with AF15.  Hopefully only to the .5s though.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:42 PM, Subby1938 said:

I was just visiting a overstreet advisor today in Canada and we talked about AF15 his thoughts as well as mine were this book in the next decade becomes a 100K in low grade . It’s def going to be top three with action 1 , tech 27 being first and second . 

In my mind, it’s always been in the top 3 along with those in the comic hierarchy.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:42 PM, Subby1938 said:

I was just visiting a overstreet advisor today in Canada and we talked about AF15 his thoughts as well as mine were this book in the next decade becomes a 100K in low grade . It’s def going to be top three with action 1 , tech 27 being first and second . 

On 1/5/2022 at 6:13 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

In my mind, it’s always been in the top 3 along with those in the comic hierarchy.

Simple principles of supply and demand are going to prevent AF #15 from ever approaching the prices of Action #1 or Detective #27.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:57 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Simple principles of supply and demand are going to prevent AF #15 from ever approaching the prices of Action #1 or Detective #27.

I guess what I mean was more in a historical sense.  I’m don’t think that a 3.0 AF 15 will ever come close to being worth the same as a 3.0 Action 1.