• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Signature Series Rules Adjustment *

72 posts in this topic

1. A Sig Series Survey form will now be available for customers, creators, etc to fill out concerning their experience with Facilitators. They will be available at the CGC booth and online.

2. Dealers will be responsible for filling out Signaure Series forms in full. If an artist(s) or date(s) is not written on the form, CGC is not responsible for checking past Convention schedules to see if an artist was in attendance at a past show, therefore the book will be down graded for the signature and be sent out accordingly. If the downgraded signature was witnessed, in order to correct said mistake, customers will be charged a $12 reholder fee. Please double check your paperwork!

3. A flat $5 fee will be charged for each additional signature after 3 signatures on a Signature Series label. This is for Faciltators and Customers that are using either CGC booth witnesses or their own.

Thanks.

Call or email with any questions.

Just as a point of clarification, is the $5 fee for newly obtained signatures or any signatures on the book at the time of submission?

In other words, if I have a yellow label book with 5 signatures on it and I crack it to add 5 more, am I charged $10 (first three free, $5 each for the remaining two...only charging for newly acquired sigs) or am I charged $35 (first three free, $5 each for the remaining seven...charging for all sigs on the book)?

Thanks, Mike.

Just as a point of clarification, is the $5 fee for newly obtained signatures or any signatures on the book at the time of submission?

In other words, if I have a yellow label book with 5 signatures on it and I crack it to add 5 more, am I charged $10 (first three free, $5 each for the remaining two...only charging for newly acquired sigs) or am I charged $35 (first three free, $5 each for the remaining seven...charging for all sigs on the book)?

Thanks, Mike.

My understanding is that it will be for each sig after 3 no matter when they were obtained. So it would be $35 for you plus the regular cgc fees and the next time you wanted to crack it to add say 3 more sigs it would be $50 and so on.

Of course I could be wrong but this is how I interpreted it. I can say that it will make cast signed books more rare as I doubt people will be cracking books to add more sigs time and time again.

Thanks, Mike.

My understanding is that it will be for each sig after 3 no matter when they were obtained. So it would be $35 for you plus the regular cgc fees and the next time you wanted to crack it to add say 3 more sigs it would be $50 and so on.

Of course I could be wrong but this is how I interpreted it. I can say that it will make cast signed books more rare as I doubt people will be cracking books to add more sigs time and time again.

In the example above I do know you will be charged for the 5 added sigs so $25. I confirmed that today. I did not confirm whether there would be a charge for sigs already on the label over 3 so $10 in the example.

Thanks, Mike.

Not saying your interpretation isn't right, but just doesn't make sense - if you have a CGC SS book with 4 sigs on it and crack it to add another 4 signatures, the regular SS re-slabbing fee you're paying should cover the book & the 4 original signatures. The fee should only apply to any new sigs.

Hoping Mike comes back & clarifies :wishluck:

Thanks, Mike.

Not saying your interpretation isn't right, but just doesn't make sense - if you have a CGC SS book with 4 sigs on it and crack it to add another 4 signatures, the regular SS re-slabbing fee you're paying should cover the book & the 4 original signatures. The fee should only apply to any new sigs.

Hoping Mike comes back & clarifies :wishluck:

I hope youre right and I am wrong. I am adding some sigs to a cast book in a week and I am looking at an extra $60 right now if it is the way I think it is.

I asked Mike about it earlier using the example that I had a book already signed by 3 and i cracked it to add a 4th and he told me

"So, if you had a 3 signature book and your cracked it out for number 4, you would pay 28 grading and 5 for the sig."

This is what happens when peeps get crazy with getting as much SIGs on a book as possible. Basically if you want it that bad, you have to pay for it. Not happy but I had an inkling of a feeling that this would happen especially with what I saw at NYCC 2013.

I agree. Something like 5-10 would be better but it is so easy to go over 3 signatures. If it is a variant cover for example then you can get the variant cover artist, the writer, the interior pencils and the interior inks and you are already over the limit.

I wonder if Spidey 700 was the tipping point?

If this was the case, then something should of been said back in June, when the issue came out.

Doesn't CGC usually make changes at the beginning of the year? And all the 700's I witnessed weren't graded until December. Most had 15+

I wonder if Spidey 700 was the tipping point?

I can believe that the 30-40 sigs a book.

I remember looking at the list on the back of the comic and thinking "holy hell". lol

At least there were quite a few to do at the same time.