• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spidey-man omnibus or digital???

29 posts in this topic

The only series I have ever owned and read a few times was GI Joe. I am contemplating picking up that series again. The only issue I am trying to determine is if I want to get the original books or buy all of the TPB's.

Right now I am leaning toward the TPB's.

I'm a big fan of digital. ComiXology is great for reading digital books, but for your project, subscribing to Marvel Unlimited would be a lot cheaper than "buying" the books at comiXology. Use comiXology for the independents, DC, Marvel sales on stuff that you know you will always want to re-read.

Great advice!!! Thanks!!!

Everytime I see your signature, that Spider-Man initially looks like he lost his left arm and leg. Upon further inspection, I see the arm and leg, but I don't understand what is up with the foot? Is the foot really facing in the wrong direction like that? Ouch!

If you are going to do digital (friends don't let friends do digital!) then Marvel Unlimited is the way to go!

It actually saddens me some people prefer digital :(

Call me a traditionist but it's just not for me.

I like the real comics also. But, as a newer reader, digital is easily the way to go. I mean purely as a reader. If you want to read and collect, then yes, get the print comics.

I like the real comics also. But, as a newer reader, digital is easily the way to go. I mean purely as a reader. If you want to read and collect, then yes, get the print comics.

+1

Even though I don't read many comics digitally, I'd actually prefer reading them on a tablet.

+1

Even though I don't read many comics digitally, I'd actually prefer reading them on a tablet.

I think that some are hesitant to embrace the digital format for back issues as it may contribute towards the decline of printed media for future releases.

I started reading comics in the late 80s. I definitely enjoy and appreciate the "physical" experience of reading comics. And, of course, I still have physical comics.

But I did convert to digital for all my reading going forward. That doesn't mean I won't purchase a physical copy of something, but that will be more with a collector's mindset, not a reader's.

For a reading experience, I very much enjoy reading on a tablet, and I appreciate the organization, lack of bags, boards, boxes, tape, get out, put back, take up space, don't damage, etc. It doesn't take long to fill up a bookshelf with trades, and I've done that too.

My comic reading/collecting philosophy is now:

Floppies - specific issues and/or runs that are important and/or nostalgic for me (favorite characters, storylines, remember from childhood, etc.). This would include books like those in my sig.

Collected Editions - on my bookshelf representing the storylines that I've liked the most over the years and reread often. Something about these stories makes me want to have them on my bookshelf and in paper form for reading. (You could argue I don't need these at all, I suppose.)

Digital - everything else. This is the main form in which all my reading takes. New stuff, back issues, wait for a good comiXology sale and you can read some great stuff that I never would have considered before very affordably (sp?). Digital has actually reinvigorated my passion for reading comics as it was seriously waning before I made the digital dive.