• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggestion for the annual Overstreet...

2 posts in this topic

...I don't know if this idea has been debated on the Forum, but should the annual Overstreet

Guide include the highest certified unrestored Grade for a particular comic in it's "Top Golden Age/Silver Age/Bronze Age/Crime/Horror" etc lists (Page 115-118 in this year's Guide)?

I mean, it's nice to know that All American # 16 (1st Green Lantern) is # 5 on the 'Top Golden Age Books' list with a NM- price of $160,000, but as of the latest census, the top unrestored grade this book has gotten was F- 5.5. That fact somehow undermines the usefulness of the $160,000 figure, no?

Granted, that's not to say there isn't a unrestored NM- out there somewhere, but I think offering the top CGC grade for a particular book would be an invaluable addition to those lists. For Golden Age books, maybe there should also be a top Restored grade column as well with the Grade and level of restoration noted.

Whatcha think?

Sounds like a good idea to me, although the stat could be out of date a month later if CGC gets one higher than the current high book. So if Overstreet were to do this, they should note the web address of the census so people can look up the books to check the status.