• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Hierarchy of Characters - Where Does Your Favorite Character Stack Up

174 posts in this topic

Where do you guys think heroes for hire and moon knight fall?

hm

Luke Cage - 3/3.5

Iron Fist - 3.5

Moon Knight - 4

Yeah. I'm doing half tiers now. :facepalm:

lol, I'd say they're third tier even though Luke and iron fist are two of my favorites. How about Bucky, hawkeye, nick fury and blade?

What, no love for my guy Daredevil? Not even a mention? His stock has been rising since Frank Miller and rose even higher thanks to Bendis/Maleev.

He's got to be Tier 2 in my mind, even with the negativity about the movie. I think Netflix will float his 'brand' even higher.

If the character were a stock, I'd say he's a buy.

I agree with tier 2 (sorry Justin)

I kinda see where people might see DD as tier 2; he has a sort of "weaker sister' aura..

But how many "2nd tier" characters have carried their own title for over 500 issues and 50 years? hm

What, no love for my guy Daredevil? Not even a mention? His stock has been rising since Frank Miller and rose even higher thanks to Bendis/Maleev.

He's got to be Tier 2 in my mind, even with the negativity about the movie. I think Netflix will float his 'brand' even higher.

If the character were a stock, I'd say he's a buy.

I agree with tier 2 (sorry Justin)

I kinda see where people might see DD as tier 2; he has a sort of "weaker sister' aura..

But how many "2nd tier" characters have carried their own title for over 500 issues and 50 years? hm

I just think if you asked, most people could tell you something about Spider-Man, Superman, Batman and other Tier 1 characters.

Oh, Spider-Man, that's Peter Parker ( :facepalm: )... Superman, that's Clark Kent. Batman, duh, Bruce Wayne.

I think if you asked a non comic collector - who is Daredevil? You'd get - he's that red guy that teams up with Spider-Man. I think that is why he'd be Tier 2. Non-comic collectors might now know much about him where they could still answer general trivia questions on the others.

:whatev:

Luke Cage - 3rd

Iron Fist - 4th

Moon Knight - 4th

Bucky - 6th

Hawkeye - 4th

Nick Fury - 3rd or 4th

Blade - 4th

Hawkeye is at least a 3rd tier these days

Moon Knight 4th tier? He's such a cool character though. (shrug)

Luke Cage - 3rd

Iron Fist - 4th

Moon Knight - 4th

Bucky - 6th

Hawkeye - 4th

Nick Fury - 3rd or 4th

Blade - 4th

+1 I think he's pretty cool, his original art can guy for some money including his first appearance, and having his own series since his inception to around now needs to count for something.

Luke Cage - 3rd

Iron Fist - 4th

Moon Knight - 4th

Bucky - 6th

Hawkeye - 4th

Nick Fury - 3rd or 4th

Blade - 4th

if Hawkeye is 3rd tier, my girl gets a bump up.

:sumo:

Luke Cage - 3rd

Iron Fist - 4th

Moon Knight - 4th

Bucky - 6th

Hawkeye - 4th

Nick Fury - 3rd or 4th

Blade - 4th

More like a bump down. lol

JK

It's difficult to assign characters when the criteria is unknown. Are we talking about simply popularity, or their affect on their respective worlds. Also I'm assuming that first tier is a really exclusive list so maybe even Thor wouldn't qualify

That said:

1st: Spidey, Bats, Superman and Wolverine, Wonder Woman

2nd: Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Ms. Marvel, Fantastic Four

3rd: Black Panther, Robin, Catwoman

4th: Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Zatanna, Cyborg

?????

Black panther above silver surfer and ms marvel above catwoman, me thinks you are swayed by movie hype.

Luke Cage - 3rd

Iron Fist - 4th

Moon Knight - 4th

Bucky - 6th

Hawkeye - 4th

Nick Fury - 3rd or 4th

Blade - 4th

More like a bump down. lol

JK

Skrull+Queen+Jessica+Drew.jpg

Luke Cage - 3rd

Iron Fist - 4th

Moon Knight - 4th

Bucky - 6th

Hawkeye - 4th

Nick Fury - 3rd or 4th

Blade - 4th

Believe me, I think he's a really cool character. I just think he's Tier 4. (shrug)

I don't think he has the importance or significance of some of the characters in higher tiers. And just my thoughts. :)

It's difficult to assign characters when the criteria is unknown. Are we talking about simply popularity, or their affect on their respective worlds. Also I'm assuming that first tier is a really exclusive list so maybe even Thor wouldn't qualify

That said:

2nd: Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Ms. Marvel, Fantastic Four

?????

Black panther above silver surfer and ms marvel above catwoman, me thinks you are swayed by movie hype.

Movie hype does help with popularity I.M 55 for example, people liked Thanos, but not enough to be thought of as a first tier villian by most. Now ever since people found out he's the villian for the Avengers he's become super hot, will it last after the movies are done with? That remains to be seen, but they can help a character break the glass ceiling.

That said:

?????

Movie hype does help with popularity I.M 55 for example, people liked Thanos, but not enough to be thought of as a first tier villian by most. Now ever since people found out he's the villian for the Avengers he's become super hot, will it last after the movies are done with? That remains to be seen, but they can help a character break the glass ceiling.

I think that we recognize that their popularity may be transitory proves they are not top tier. The popularity of a top tier character is beyond reproach.