• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's down with Flaming Carrot?

29 posts in this topic

I've had these for ages. I had Burden sign these but I think is was at more than one show. He was at the Chicago Con when it was at the Ramada, but I just don't remember exactly which ones were signed where.

Do these make me a fan?

visions1001-1.jpg

dogpicvisionsburdensigs003.jpg

visions2001.jpg

dogpicvisionsburdensigs004.jpg

visions4001.jpg

dogpicvisionsburdensigs005.jpg

visons3001.jpg

dogpicvisionsburdensigs006.jpg

I've had these for ages. I had Burden sign these but I think is was at more than one show. He was at the Chicago Con when it was at the Ramada, but I just don't remember exactly which ones were signed where.

Do these make me a fan?

visions1001-1.jpg

visions2001.jpg

visions4001.jpg

visons3001.jpg

D212C5B1-6E80-4C5F-B187-A91DAC51389D-14856-00000986772AF671.jpg

Do these make me a fan?

visions1001-1.jpg

visions2001.jpg

visions4001.jpg

visons3001.jpg

Those are great Tim!!

My #1 and #2 are CGC 9.0. I don't show them off because I am still pissed at the grades. They HAMMERED the bindery tears on the back covers. They are prominent, indeed, but wow, to knock down a 9.6+ copy to 9.0 - My nethers are still inflamed.

My Visions are not high grade and some have some pressable creases. I still like them anyway.

I have four number ones of the regular series that I bought off the rack when they came out. It's a tough book with that black cover. Someday I may slab the whole run.

I really enjoyed reading that run. Some really twisted funny sheet. Nazi boots, dead dogs flying around, women fainting in banana splits. " Your hurt pretty bad mister, have some Wheaties ". lol

Do these make me a fan?

visions1001-1.jpg

visions2001.jpg

visions4001.jpg

visons3001.jpg

Those are great Tim!!

My #1 and #2 are CGC 9.0. I don't show them off because I am still pissed at the grades. They HAMMERED the bindery tears on the back covers. They are prominent, indeed, but wow, to knock down a 9.6+ copy to 9.0 - My nethers are still inflamed.

I would trade my right testicle for these.

Sean, why did they hammer the bindery tears? Wouldn't those be considered production defects? Sure you didn't miss something on the inside. I know how you like to clip coupons. :baiting:

Although I didn't know who Bob was talking to at the time, I believe it is Mr. Waldron, the publisher of Visions Magazine. I met him years later. I also believe I took this picture in 1999 or 2000.

19990704picture_004.jpg

I have the hardcover...

HC_LE_FlamingCarrot_Man_of_Myste-3.jpg

signed...

HC_LE_FlamingCarrot_Man_of_Mystery_.jpg

with a sketch...

HC_LE_FlamingCarrot_Man_of_Myste-2.jpg

I saw Bob in December and told him I'd let people know about his most recent kickstarter project. The project met it's goal for funding.

Bob_Burden_Kickstarter_Ad_zpsa29acf3a.png

DG