• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD: Silver Surfer Complete Run, 1-18, VG-VF - $550 - Final drop

36 posts in this topic

I am a first time seller on the boards. Please check out my ebay record (alexml.); I haven't sold at large volume, but over 15 years I have 470+ positive feedbacks and 0 negative as a seller (or buyer, of course, though the 470 is sales only). I'm glad to provide a phone number for a chat. Please PM me with any questions.

I'll cover insurance. $600 shipped $550 shipped and insured (US only). New price (started at $750). Glad to hand deliver if you live near S. Vermont.

First :takeit: gets the books. Bargain price now. Yikes. But I'm committed to selling them. I'll take it to ebay if no one is interested at this price.

Paypal is great; checks too, though they must clear. I'll ship Priority mail.

I carefully package the books with bags and boards and a combination of bubble wrap and card board. Never had a complaint and have often been complimented on packaging.

Here are some details and estimated grades that I prepared for ebay, though I'd much rather sell them here.

Silver Surfer

1: VG/FN 5.0: nice tight square bound spine; a couple longish spine stress lines near the staples; small edge tear right edge; some edge wear right edge and top edge; minor corner creasing lower right; light rubbing abrasion on Surfer’s chest. Sharp key 1st issue.

2: VG+ 4.5: This issue would be VF or better, but a largish tape pull from the cover (on the creatures leg and the white are near it) reduce the grade. There is a color break on the upper right corner, though this is NOT a crease. Super clear spine.

3: FN- 5.5: some light spine wear with a few spine stress lines; corner creases top right; blunted corner lower right; some edge wear and general reading wear.

4: VG 4.0: classic Thor vs. Surfer cover. Front cover of this one is in outstanding condition ; slightly rounded corner lower right; some edge wear right edge. A stain on the back cover brings the grade down, however. Looks worse in scan than in person.

5: VG 4.0: spine shows wear and some flecking; some light soiling on cover. Longish corner crease on back cover.

6 FN- 5.5: Another clean spine for square bound comic; lower staple has punched a small hole in cover. Stain of some sort near right edge (might clean off well); half inch spine split lower spine; corner crease. Vivid colors and glossiness.

7 FN- 5.5: last square bound, .25 cent issue. Date written in blue ink on Surfer’s arm; slight rounding top and bottom corners; 3/4” tear in spine (cover only) top edge; several touches of edge wear right edge.

8 FN- 5.5 :blunted corner with minor creasing lower right; signs of wear and minor creasing back cover; a few spine stress and staple stress line. Notably white pages.

9 VG+ 4.5. This is is a supple, tight, bright book, though some creasing (see scan) keeps it from a higher grade.

10 VF 8.0-8.5: one of the nicest books in the set, this one has bright and vivid cover colors; there is a printer’s crease on the front cover from the right edge; a couple touches of light spine stress; sharp corners, clean spine!

11 FN 6.0: edge wear, right edge, including slight tear; tiny corner creases lower right; signs of bending, light crease upper right; a few light spine and staple stress lines.

12 VG-/VG 3.5-4.0: center crease visible on both front and back covers; second page length crease on back cover. Front cover much nicer, see scan.

13 FN 6.0: light publisher’s crease from right edge; small edge tear on right edge; a few light spine and staple stress lines and general signs of light handling. Nice, tight and shiny comic.

14 FN- 5.5: Classic Spidey cover; shiny and bright cover; spine stress lines and light reading crease along and near spine; tiny corner crease lower right; very light edge wear top edge; light date stamp; impact corner on back of book lower right.

15 VF 8.0-8.5: Nice and fresh book with signs of light and careful reading; slightest corner bend top right; minor corner abrasion lower left; some edge along edge near spine, probably present from the rack. Very sharp comic.

16 VG 4.0: would be a couple steps higher though there is a center crease from someone’s reading on the fly back in the day. The crease is visible on front cover in several spots.

17 VG 4.0: Another VG comic with lots of life and freshness but read; center crease, some spine wear including small tear above top staple.

18 G/VG- 3.0-3.5: bright and shiny with lots of cover creasing. Someone was loving these last few issues, but they remain tight and supple.

$600 or best (acceptable) offer; price is which is a bit below guide in these grades.

Scans on their way.

NO PEOPLE ON THE LIST OF BAD BUYERS/SELLERS.

Paypal is fine. Checks must clear a waiting period of up to two weeks. I will mail within 24 hours of cleared payment.