• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I trade my WD 3-118 collection for a WD #1 ?

54 posts in this topic

Hi peeps,

I have Walking Dead issues 3 to 118 + a few variants.

Someone wants to trade me a Walking Dead #1 for my 3-118...

I'm leaving a few details out but after crunching numbers it sounds like a fair deal financially...

But is it a GOOD deal?

If the $ numbers are good... would you do it?

(shrug)

I think if we are talking something in a high grade then it is a pretty decent deal. You have to figure that every book that came out after the first episode of the series has increased in print size to accommodate the attention provided by the show.

The real winner is the first issue.

Why do people come on here and ask questions like this? If you are in it for the money, the answer is obvious. If you are wanting the books to read, it is a no brainer.

It would have taken less time to sit down and figure it out for yourself than it would to type your question.

Why do people come on here and ask questions like this? If you are in it for the money, the answer is obvious. If you are wanting the books to read, it is a no brainer.

It would have taken less time to sit down and figure it out for yourself than it would to type your question.

Thank God! Someone had to say it. :makepoint:

Why do people come on here and ask questions like this? If you are in it for the money, the answer is obvious. If you want the books to read, it is a no brainer.

Exactly, great post Dale. It comes down to what you want to collect?

Since you already have most for reading then keep issues 3-118 and look for a WD#1 and 2 to fill in the run eventually. Save up the money for it.

However, if you really don't care to read the individual issues then get the trades to read instead! You would save some space in your house/apartment.

Personally, I like quality over quantity. I would take the WD #1 due to the limited print size of this comic book as opposed to the 3-118 issues.

The fact you even took the time to post this may show you are seriously thinking of doing the trade which means having all those issues is not really going to hurt when you let them go.

You would know instantly if you did not want to do the deal because of the time, effort and money it took to put that run together. It all depends on condition of the WD#1 so go with your heart and see what you truly want to own.

A lot of details missing that make it impossible to give an opinion. Is the WD1 a graded 9.8? Are the comics you have graded or raw?

Yes, this times a thousand.

Even if we had all the needed information it's just a matter of doing the math, and it's a lot of it.

Personally if they were monetarily equal I wouldn't make the trade. If you have the money you can find a WD 1 in about 2 seconds. Obtaining such a big run of the series requires a lot of time and effort.

A lot of details missing that make it impossible to give an opinion. Is the WD1 a graded 9.8? Are the comics you have graded or raw?

That's what I meant by "I'm leaving some details out...", because I didn't want this question to be about money at all... But to vaguely answer your question most of what I have is raw, about 30 are raw signed by kirkman, and 10 are graded 9.8 blue... And his #1 is CGC 9.8.

But honestly money isn't the issue... We could say both options are between $1500 and $2000..

That's what I meant by "I'm leaving some details out...", because I didn't want this question to be about money at all... But to vaguely answer your question most of what I have is raw, about 30 are raw signed by kirkman, and 10 are graded 9.8 blue... And his #1 is CGC 9.8.

But honestly money isn't the issue... We could say both options are between $1500 and $2000..

I would buy the 9.8 WD 1 all day long,who needs books with all that ink on them. (shrug)

Thank God! Someone had to say it. :makepoint:

No I've read everything already... and I'm not in it for the money!

Basically an inner debate I'm having with myself and I needed arguments...

But you might be right...

I am not trying to be mean, but if you were going to leave those details out on purpose then why ask the question? lol If money does not matter, then that means it is a decision based totally on your collecting habits therefore making any opinion we have invalid. An example of this is the recent holiday raffle. Almost everyone got a pick in their top-10 even if they choice number 95 because what is important varies from person to person depending on what they collect. Good luck though, it is a tough decision.

It's an equal trade, that mostly in your favor. 3-118 have potential growth in individual value. 7 - Current have been going for around $1.5k on ebay. It's possible to buy them under that amount, but ebay is an unstable beast at times. Make that trade and buy yourself some reader grade 1 and 2.

In addition, most people would assume you are asking from a financial point of view because your original question stated;

"..after crunching numbers it sounds like a fair deal financially..."

"But is it a GOOD deal?

If the $ numbers are good... would you do it?"

:baiting:

Best bet is to sell your friend the set you have and just buy the TPBs at $5 each when they pop up here. ;)

Take that extra money you made from selling #3 - 118 and take your wife on a relaxing cruise.

Heck you can even read those trade paperbacks from the deck of the ship as you cruise the sea whilst sipping a Mai Tai :)

xxx ooo

Rupp

IMG_20130927_172458_540_zps438d40ac.jpg