• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Descriptions. Why?

3 posts in this topic

What do points have to do with it?

Sure, there are plenty of people who compete only to win an award. However, most people use it as a means of keeping track of or displaying their collection. The descriptions can be used to describe what a specific issue or set means to the individual.

I see the registry as a labor of love. My advice to a newbie...build a registry set around books you enjoy and view any awards as a fun bonus. If you build a set with the sole purpose of winning an award, chances are you'll just end up wasting time and money and having a lot of aggravation when you don't win. If you love what you collect, you'll always win.

I enjoyed putting my set description together. It details the history of the set itself (such as expansions and changes made by CGC through the years), as well as my personal history of reading the books, collecting them, where I'm currently at, and my future goals.

I actually think the story behind your collection is just as important as your collection!!!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=2863