• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deathlok posted by B. Koski

7 posts in this topic

Apparently this book has picked up steam...

Don't watch "Agents of Shield" but I had someone from work asking about my Astonishing Tales #25.

"Why the interest?" I asked, he told me Deathlok was going to be appearing on the show very soon..chuckled a bit! I'll probably check it out!

Love this character, and very happy he's getting the attention he deserves. Great book indeed!

15103.jpg

See more journals by B. Koski

I agree. I was only eleven or twelve when Deathlok premiered but I remember liking it at the time (I'm sure a great deal of the book's nuances went over my head at the time, though). I always thought the character had a lot more potential but never got the attention he truly deserved. I know they tried bringing him back at some point (80's, 90's?) but he still didn't cathc on. Let's see what happens with him now.

I don't know where my copies might be (which box and in which house is always a puzzle for me) so I can't go back and read them right now but I was able to read Astonishing Tales #25 in one of the "Marvel 70's" books recently. The story still holds up pretty well. Now that I've been reading some older books, it amazes me how much writing the older books have compared to the newer books I have been reading of late (my oldest is reading Steranko's Nick Fury TPB and he pointed out the same thing).

Thanks for posting. Have a great day!

Forgive my ignorance, but is double cover/married someone attaching another cover themselves?

Yes, it's when someone takes the cover of one book and attaches it to the interior of another copy of the same issue. The two books are "married". I don't know how you could tell. Maybe the interior pages could be a slightly different color than the cover, or maybe the staples have bends that suggest they were removed and reattached? Who knows.

Then again, it could just be a printing defect...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3623205

sig.jpg

sig.jpg