• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PayPal fees

40 posts in this topic

OK, i just don't get it, can somone please enlighten me with this? so either way payment is made with CC or checking account, your going to get charged PayPal fees? i thought they only charged you if you paid with CC? i was thinking using nonauction goods you might not get charged the fees....what do you guys/gals think?

thanks in advance,

p-daddy

You are charged if you receive payments by CC to a premiere account

You are charged if you receive payments by Bank Funds or PP Balance to a premiere account even though it was not a CC... the account is the key issue.

You CAN'T accept CC with a personal account or its upgraded.

You are NOT charged if you receive payments by Bank Funds or PP Balance to a personal account

The trick is having both accounts so you have flexibility.

Encourage payments by Bank Funds or PP Balance to your personal account ...

and do the same in reverse to save charges when the seller wants a reimbursement.

UNLESS it's expensive and/or you want the security if having a chargeback option.

I was going to make other suggesttions but I just noticed Paypal is changing their user agreement. I have to check it out...

---------------------

User Agreement for PayPal™ Service

Note: The User Agreement below will take immediate effect for all PayPal accounts signing up on or after February 7, 2003. PayPal accounts who signed up prior to February 7, 2003, will have 60 days after the date they next log in to their PayPal account to decide whether they agree to the new User Agreement. These accounts will continue to be governed by the old User Agreement until they agree to the new User Agreement, or until June 4, 2003, whichever comes first. To view the old User Agreement, click here.

If a customer does not agree to the new User Agreement within the 60-day period, PayPal will assume that the customer does not accept PayPal's User Agreement and prefers not to do business with PayPal. In such circumstances, after providing additional notice to the customer, PayPal will close the customer's account and pay out any existing balance under the terms of the old User Agreement.

The following policies (showing their last updated date) provide additional terms and conditions related to specific PayPal services we offer:

Privacy Policy (February 7, 2003)

Closing Accounts and Limiting Account Access (February 7, 2003)

Electronic Fund Transfer Rights and Error Resolution Policy (February 7, 2003)

Seller Protection Policy (February 7, 2003)

Buyer Complaint Policy (February 7, 2003)

Money Back Guarantee Policy (February 7, 2003)

Payments (Sending, Receiving, and Withdrawals) Policy (February 7, 2003)

Premier and Business Account Policy (February 7, 2003)

Fees Policy (February 7, 2003)

PayPal Shops Policy (February 7, 2003)

Debit Card Policy (February 7, 2003)

BillPay Policy (February 7, 2003)

Araich... Pimster

I pay with my premiere account all the time... what cash back? Are you talking about cash back with the use of their own Paypal Credit Card? If so, I considered that until I realized what may happen if you try a chargeback against Paypal owned credit card... I don't like my odds in that case and have heard some things.

If this is not the case... please explain the cash back?

Also visit the site.. the user agreement is changing (probably not for our benefit)... let's all read it and compare notes as to how we are going to be screwed and how we should plan to counter maneuver any damaging policy changes.

I just had a bad thought what if Ebay got into providing email services and after it was established they make you use their email server. Wow three times the fees maybe they will start a shipping company and you will have to ship through them.......................

I hated the news that Ebay took over... I expect some sneaky changes attempting to protect Paypal more and the customer/user less... in regards to chargebacks.

Please read it too and report back any significant or alarming changes a syou understood them.

Once we determine all their angles...I'll call over to customer suppoert and grill a manager about what the are trying not to make obvious if anything appears "iffy" or undefined. After that, we'll see what options we have to protect ourselves and formulate the best strategy when using the service.

well they already screw you. If a customer says you didnt ship an item unless you have tracking they will take that money right out of your account no questions asked. So...... theoretically I can go buy your big dollar item pay with Paypal not pay for tracking and screw you raw and there is nothing you can do about it. Check it out I got toasted but luckily for less than $50 by some assh0le who did this game on a regular basis Neither Ebay or Paypal would do thing.

That's not new though... for the seller to be covered

(and covered is still not guaranteed, nor is PP's course of action clearly defined in a dispute... interestingly enough, it can vary depending on what side has money available to recoup...how convenient and predictable... saving themselves from financial loss is their first motivation I believe from what I've heard/learned)

Anyway, they already required signature confirmation... or its equivalent and shipment to a verified address. This is explained as a suggestion to limit a sellers liability... you may still be the loser regardless. There is no real guarantee of protection as a seller in my view. An email or 2 may be issued on your behalf, but they will give up and say "sorry" you owe us... or take the funds out of your PP account OR your bank account that is attached to it.You waived that right sometime in Oct. of 2001. YES, they can take funds from your attached bank account. It's another step, don't know how quickly they can do it, but you agreed to it. Best thing there is to have another account in the same bank and transfer the funds out of the PP attached account when they are at uncomfortably high levels or immediately after a big payment is made and after the withdraw clears (3-5 business days). Then they would go after the other guy for the money, threaten you or cancel your PP account.

The only guarantee (real protection) you have is as a buyer, and it's not always given by Paypal. As a buyer... you always have the option to ignore their in-house resolution process (which often leaves you owing money after they "try" and get back it for you)...and charge back the purchase. Then Paypal lumps it or goes after the seller's accounts(s).. if there is anything there. (hence the transfer funds out of the attached PP account advice)

I'm going to read it later...this may all be old news

Hey BB...sorry it took so long to get back to you....in any case here is some info from Paypal explaining somewhat about how the cash back works...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exerpted from Paypal website:

Why am I getting cashback?

Because PayPal wants to reward you for being "PayPal Preferred," we will credit you 1.5% on all debit card purchases when you keep PayPal as the only online payment option for all of your eBay listings.

"For which debit card purchases will I receive this 1.5% cashback bonus?"

You will receive 1.5% cashback anytime you use your PayPal MasterCard for a credit card purchase (i.e. when you sign a receipt rather than entering your PIN).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps...