• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Victora Von Doom? FF Reboot News

82 posts in this topic

Out of all the movie franchises The Fantastic Four is dangerously coming close to obsolete. Fox is going in a thousand different directions with the hope of making this version interesting to the current generation.

Sad part is the original team construct, characters, and origin would work really well if they just had good, creative people at the helm. This is the one property I wish Marvel studios had control again of more than any other...

Out of all the movie franchises The Fantastic Four is dangerously coming close to obsolete. Fox is going in a thousand different directions with the hope of making this version interesting to the current generation.

Sad part is the original team construct, characters, and origin would work really well if they just had good, creative people at the helm. This is the one property I wish Marvel studios had control again of more than any other...

It does feel that way. Three movies (including one not released because it was never meant to be) that focused on such a great comic team. And yet the creative team associated with the movie can't figure out how to do it right.

"Rise of the Silver Surfer" had me so excited to see this done right. They nailed the look of the Silver Surfer. But the storyline was just horrible.

Just make them all female black pygmies and get it over with.

And since they are going to change all the characters , why not just go ahead and change the name too, as every time I hear about this movie it has less and less to do with the original characters.

I suggest

The politically correct four

I'm not a fan of this or the news that the Human Torch might be African American.

Why? Because Fox.

This is their attempt at making the characters more interesting. For the life of them, they can't figure out how to create an interesting FF that is likeable and well written. They want to reinvent the franchise, but the best they can manage are superficial changes that still do not address the core issues that have been plaguing this franchise since the first movie.

Go ahead, change the characters however you like, but do it for the sake of quality film making, not in spite of it.

From Wikipedia:

Constantin Film brought the movie rights for the characters in the mid-1980s. A low-budget film was produced in 1992 in order to retain the license. In 2004, with a distribution deal from 20th Century Fox, a second Fantastic Four film entered production.

While updating on FF casting.

Someone at FOX said they haven't ruled out the idea of making Dr.Doom female.

IGN

I must admit,I actually found the idea interesting lol

Nerd rage in 3..2..1 :fear:

Victoria Von Doom?!? NO, NEVER!!! :sumo:

well, that was stupid.

They were in legal bankruptcy after the newsstand market crashed in the early to mid 90s, so they didn't have a lot of choice. Renting the characters was better than the company disappearing entirely.

I'll withhold judgement on a female Doom until I see how it turns out. It's certainly possible to do it right, I just don't know if the current writer will or not. (shrug)

Just make them all female black pygmies and get it over with.

And since they are going to change all the characters , why not just go ahead and change the name too, as every time I hear about this movie it has less and less to do with the original characters.

I suggest

The politically correct four

Yep. Why call it the Fantastic Four?

This is what happens when you try to be too progressive and cry change.

Change doesn`t mean it`s going to be good. :eyeroll:

This is the freakin Fantastic Four. The Fantastic Four who started the Marvel age of Comics!

This is the Fantastic Four with Doctor Doom!

4806958661_fbceffa987_b.jpg

At first I was very excited because of the director, but now I predict this will be an epic bomb.

:gossip:

The quicker the Fantastic Four go back to Marvel/Disney the better.

Now for all you speculators who have loaded up on FF#5

Sell them now! lol

I would say that Doom is one of the dumbest characters to try to switch genders on, particularly given how iconic he is and how iconic another mega-famous character who he inspired became:

rotj052.jpg

Unfortunately, much like the X-Men and Spider-Man franchises I don't see that happening any time soon, if ever. :(

If Fox starts losing money on the films and comes to believe that popular idea about the characters now being dated, it will happen.

Unfortunately, much like the X-Men and Spider-Man franchises I don't see that happening any time soon, if ever. :(

If Fox starts losing money on the films and comes to believe that popular idea about the characters now being dated, it will happen.

To Disney/Marvel who would then inevitably turn the franchise around and make Fox look like the worst studio ever? I'm not so sure.