• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 Keys of the 21st Century

44 posts in this topic

Two thoughts:

1) why Batman #608 RRP? Books are keys because of story significance, not rarity. So it should simply be Batman #608 normal version, or nothing. My vote goes to nothing. Hush is a good series, but not classic enough to be a Batman key.

2) I really don't see why Walking Dead #27 is still considered so important. The Governor has been and gone, and replaced with another antagonist. He's dead in both the comics (a long time ago) and, more recently, in the TV series. Don't get me wrong, he was important to the story at the time.

I can see #1 and #19 being considered the most important, but I don't think #27 is up at the same level of significance at all - to my mind #48 is far more "key" in the sens of long-term story importance.

The Governor fundamentally changed who Rick is and how he thinks in my mind. A wife, a child, and a hand. How different would Rick be with them ? Who would be leading the group by now ? He also changed the story from zombie survival to human survival. I could go down the list of reasons like Tyrese's death that could add to his importance. He showed that there were no safe havens even when you protected yourself behind fences and walls. I think its a pretty key book to the series.

The Governor is arguably one of the best, most recognized villians of the era and his first appearance isn't a key? I don't know guys. To me, he's a more important character to the WD universe than Michonne.

I love Michonne, but half the hype is around the cover.

My Take on it in no particular order:

Walking Dead #1

Ultimate Spider-Man #1

Amazing Spider-Man v2 #36

Amazing Spider-Man #700

Saga #1

Invincible #1

Nyx #3

Batman DC 52 #1

Chew #1

Y: The Last Man #1

Runners Up:

New X-Men #128

Batman #608

Batman #612

Deadpool #54,55

Nightwing DC 52 #1

Turtles #1 IDW

The Governor is arguably one of the best, most recognized villians of the era and his first appearance isn't a key? I don't know guys. To me, he's a more important character to the WD universe than Michonne.

+1 on the Guv. Super dee duper baddie and completely changed the threat perspective in TWD.

+1 on the Guv. Super dee duper baddie and completely changed the threat perspective in TWD.

To me, the Gov is one of the main reasons how a zombie book stopped beig about the zombies, and more about the people. Gotta be a key in my book.