• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed.DC Singles and Sets: From Dark Knight (1st's) to Zero Hour, lots o' stuff

29 posts in this topic

I raided my DC books this weekend for an eclectic offering of the cool and hot to the cool and forgotten. Lots more to add as I have time. Feel free to ask questions. Glad to chat if you would like a call (or wish to call me!)

First :takeit: gets the books. Paypal is great, checks must clear before sending. Thanks for looking.

No Hall of Shame or Probation folk.

I am a new seller on the boards though I have made several sales here in the past couple weeks and I have started to receive some kudos here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7398139#Post7398139. I have been buying and selling comics for over 30 years. Please check out my ebay record (alexml.); I haven't sold large volumes there, but over 15 years I have 470+ positive feedbacks and 0 negative as a seller (or buyer, of course, though the 470 is sales only). I'm also glad to provide a phone number for a chat. Please PM me with any questions.

I carefully package the books with bags and boards and a combination of bubble wrap and card board. Never had a complaint and have often been complimented on packaging.

1-5 books fit well protected in a Priority Envelope for $5.95

More than that, or at your request, I’ll use a Priority Box for $11.95

Here is the master list of books for sale in this thread. I’ll work on getting scans up. In some cases, I’ve scanned only the first book of the sets for sale. Please feel free to request additional scans or ask any questions or make an offer!

PAGE 1

Babylon 5 #1 and 2, both nice NM or better copies: $15.00

Batman 497, NM- (minor edge wear top edge), signed by Jones, Giordano, Moench and Aparo with Cert. of Authenticity from Catch a Star Collectibles . $15

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 1-4, Complete Set (all 1st Printings): $125

1 NM-; slight misprint (white margin along top edge); slightest signs of handling, though spines on these suggest they have never been read.

2 NM-; slight wear lower edge back cover

3 VF/NM to NM-

4 NM- to NM

Batman: The Killing Joke, 3rd Print, NM-: $12

Beowulf 1 (1975): FN, $5

Black Lightning 1, 2 (1977): $10

1: origin and first appearance: VG/FN (longish, non-color breaking crease lower right)

2: VF/NM

Books of Magic 1, VF+, (1990, Gaiman scripts): some edge top and lower edge; book is unread, spine is super tight. $5

Books of Magic 1 (series, 1994): NM, $5

PAGE 2

Demon 1 (1972, KIRBY): Nice looking copy I would grade FN or FN+ BUT there is a red wax drip on the back cover that I have not attempted to remove, and a 1” tear from bottom edge of back cover. Not sure what that wax drip does to grade. VG-VG+? $8

Death: The Time of You Life, 1-3, Complete Set, NM or better (gorgeous): $10

The Dreaming, (1996, Vertigo) 1-4, all NM or better: $10

Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunter 1 (1984), NM, $5

Hitman 1 and 2, both NM or better: $10

JLA (1997, Morrison) 1 and 2, unread NM or better: $10

Kingdom Come 1-4, Complete Set, NM or better: $20

OMAC 1 and 2: $10

1 (1974): VG+, grade reductions due to browning on cover; light, minor water damage on bottom of cover. KIRBY

2: VG

Red Tornado (1985, Busiek scripts) 1-4, Complete Set, all NM- to NM: $8

Seekers, Into the Mystery 1-15, Complete Set, all NM or better, read once carefully and put away. $20

PAGE 3

Superman: For All Seasons 1-4, Complete Set, unread NM or better: $15

Sword of the Atom, 1-4, Complete Set, all VF-NM- or better: $8

Teen Titans 36, F/VF $10

Uncle Sam #1 (1997, Virtigo, Alex Ross), NM, unread: $5.00

Shade, the Changing Man 1 (1977, DITKO!), F/VF to VF: $10

(plus I’ll throw in a VG #4)

Shazam 1 (1973) F/VF: $15

Terminal City (1996) 1-9, Complete Set, all NM or better: $15

Zero Hour 0, 1-4 (or whatever order there were meant to be read in) Complete Set, all NM: $10

Batman 497, NM- (minor edge wear top edge), signed by Jones, Giordano, Moench and Aparo with Cert. of Authenticity from Catch a Star Collectibles . $15

batman497017_zps4def8beb.jpg

batman497cert018_zps131e2c60.jpg

uhm, the certificate is smaller than the scan, and a good deal smaller than the book.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 1-4, Complete Set (all 1st Printings): $125

1 NM-; slight misprint (white margin along top edge); slightest signs of handling, though spines on these suggest they have never been read.

2 NM-; slight wear lower edge back cover

3 VF/NM to NM-

4 NM- to NM

darkknight1029_zps2c836a4b.jpg

darkknight2030_zpse7553ac3.jpg

darkknight3031_zps2335e4c6.jpg

darkknight4032_zps9447465f.jpg

Coolest books ever. imo, anyway.

Demon 1 (1972, KIRBY): Nice looking copy I would grade FN or FN+ BUT there is a red wax drip on the back cover that I have not attempted to remove, and a 1” tear from bottom edge of back cover. Not sure what that wax drip does to grade. VG-VG+? $8

demon1010_zps0ad8aa63.jpg