• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Australian Jerk @ it again!

49 posts in this topic

I dont see how you can just assume its fake?

Ive been reading this forum for many months, and am yet to join up until today, however I see so many people saying " this is fake, that is fake " - as far as I can see the serial number is legitimate, I have checked it out , and the comic scans are as well?

What gives?

Interested in your background on this particular comic that makes you ASSUME its a fake?

What if the comic does exist? And you are ruining a persons auction.

I say we don't report scam auctions or warn people any more. How many times do you have to save people from their own freaking stupidity??? Screw 'em, sometimes in life you have to learn tough lessons.... mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

I agree 100% - let a buyer figure it out for themselves!

What damning evidence do you have that this item is a fake? Unless someone comes forward on here and says " I own that item " and can produce the item, then we have no right to interfere with peoples auctions and we should be ashamed of ourselves for doing so.

Since when is someone convicted of being a scammer off a vibe or feeling? Unless you have supporting evidence on your statements, I suggest keep your business to just that - your own business.

I hate fraudsters. I believe they SHOULD ALL BE LOCKED AWAY, but since when is it the American way to judge someone guilty without proof or being innocent first?

Im very dissapointed this thread even exists.

What is stopping you from simply not bidding on the item yourself instead of ruining what possibly could be a legitimate auction!

You say he is " back again " - maybe they are back again in an effort to legitimately sell an item that is continually ruined for them by people on here!

Gee guys, lets show some class, and as the previous post said, let the buyer figure it out for themselves.

Lisa,

This is a well-known scammer who has admitted openly in an email to one of the members that it is a scam, and he particularly enjoyed rubbing it in that he'd made quite a large sum of money from his scams. All it takes is one or two buyers to make him a year's worth of money, so although many of his auctions get shut down, a couple do get through, and a sucker sends the money. He steals the funds, and because he's in Australia, the buyer can't touch him.

Interfering with legitimate auctions isn't something anyone on this forum would condone. It takes a lot of red flags, and a familiarity with the means and methods of the scammers, to make people suspicious.

If you want to fight the good fight, you can stand up for the scammers, or you can stand up for the victims. It's your choice.

-- Joanna

Maybe the fact that the first time this book came up it came up with a scan from Comiclink or some other dealer with pictures on their website.. The buyer doesn't answer any questions.. It's the ONLY comic they've ever sold, let alone the only transaction they've ever attempted on eBay. The serial # is the same of a book that was sold on Heritage long ago, and I'm sure if we emailed Heritage we'd find out the book was bought by someone other then this "australian seller".

But you can certainly toss away a couple thousand dollars on this if you'd like.

Brian

This person has used this stolen scan over, over, over, and over again. At one point he even had a scan that said COMICLINK right on the label!!! I wonder where he got that from. Comiclink possibly? Or maybe he just decided to put it there for decoration!

This thread is here to prevent other forum members from bidding on this scammer's auction (especially Newbies). If you don't like it then tough. I am not going to sit back and keep it to myself just because a lisa thompson doesn't like it.

I don't know where you come from, Lisa, but in the United States, people are generally given the freedom to do and say as they please. It's this freedom that allows dirt-bags such as our Australian "friend" to try and bilk some unsuspecting consumer out of his/her money. It's the same freedom that guarantees the right of the members of these forums to speak out when they spot a scam.

The Scam-busters here, whether they are right or wrong, are entitled to their opinion and they're entitled to voice that opinion. If they are wrong and are truly guilty of lible, then their are legal recourses that the person being libled can pursue to seek reparation.

This ws a part of my post in another thread, but I'm pasting it here as well to drive this point home, because this @sshole scam artist and all those like him really me off:

Is this not enough damning evidence for you? This is a small hobby, and people who are aware of the market know the score. We're not posting these things for the sake of slander, we're posting to expose these fraud @ssholes. To say "leave it to the buyer" is such a weak attitude. Just because someone acts foolishly, dosen't mean they deserve punishment. We all make mistakes. If a girl dresses provocatively and gets a little drunk, that's a mistake. But does that mean she deserves to be raped?

This hobby is highly un-regulated, and we are trying to act like a nieghborhood watch to try to prevent people from getting burned and turning away from the hobby. Your passive attitude is disturbing.

And I liked your Thor better. blush.gifgrin.gif

Just testing out this new one. I can't seem to keep the same avatar for more than a week. I think I have a problem. confused.gif

I think so.....

You've managed to keep Mr. Farrell up for awhile. I commend you. wink.gif

I think Punisher deserves more respect. He's a great character(if handled right) and has been getting S%$T on for the last few years. blush.gifmad.gif

Yep, there's nothing like Kriby's Thor. I always thought that was one of the characters Kirby did best.