• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 1 or JIM 83?

27 posts in this topic

Yah sometimes it will come down to which acceptable copy and price floats your way first.

Timing was everything for me. I had opportunities at X-Men #1, and always had something going on. A JIM #83 (I just found out is a Universal 1.0) floated by one day at a decent price, and I snagged it, even though I am working on a complete UXM set.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've thought about it a little more and I find myself agreeing with what KirbyJack said. X-Men 1 was the first SA book that I read when I got a copy of the Marvel Milestone reprint as a 9 year old back in I think late 1995. I was a big fan of the animated series on at the time and I remember being fascinated by this first appearance. Jack Kirby's artwork looked so weird compared with the work I saw in my sister's Marvel/DC books from the late 80s/early 90s along with the quaint ads that were reproduced too. Ever since I got into collecting, this was always one of the major books that I wanted to get just because the X-Men meant so much to me as a kid along with Batman and Spider-Man. Therefore, I've decided to get that X-Men 1. (thumbs u

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've thought about it a little more and I find myself agreeing with what KirbyJack said. X-Men 1 was the first SA book that I read when I got a copy of the Marvel Milestone reprint as a 9 year old back in I think late 1995. I was a big fan of the animated series on at the time and I remember being fascinated by this first appearance. Jack Kirby's artwork looked so weird compared with the work I saw in my sister's Marvel/DC books from the late 80s/early 90s along with the quaint ads that were reproduced too. Ever since I got into collecting, this was always one of the major books that I wanted to get just because the X-Men meant so much to me as a kid along with Batman and Spider-Man. Therefore, I've decided to get that X-Men 1. (thumbs u

Good luck in your search and share results!

I am having a similar debate right now between X-Men 1, Avengers 1 and BB 28. Therefore, selfishly, I hope you choose the JIM 83 so that there are more X-Men 1's for me to choose from.

I will echo the others and say which ever one you like more. If equal in that regard, focus on the one that can be had for the better price.

Here the choice would be easier...BB28 is in my top 3 SA. More desirable key and still a lot of growth potential.

between Jim and xmen it's harder because I do consider Jim the slightly more desirable book than xmen but xmen may have slightly more growth potential ahead in the short run.