• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best $1 bin finds

288 posts in this topic

What are some of the best books you can still find in the $1 bin?

I found a deathhawk #1 not long ago

WTH is a Deathhawk? Darkhawk and Deathlok's evil baby? :boo:

HAHA not

It's a pretty good comic series

Wait...What?

In terms of reading, you can get some amazing stuff in the dollar bins. First Comics had some of the best titles being published in the early 80's and they are all dirt cheap dollar bin fodder. But Grimjack, Jon Sable and the early American Flagg stuff stacks up with anything published in the 80's. I got a Starslayer #2 in a 6-for-$1 box at the last show I attended, which of course has the first appearance of The Rocketeer in it.

In terms of reading, you can get some amazing stuff in the dollar bins. First Comics had some of the best titles being published in the early 80's and they are all dirt cheap dollar bin fodder. But Grimjack, Jon Sable and the early American Flagg stuff stacks up with anything published in the 80's. I got a Starslayer #2 in a 6-for-$1 box at the last show I attended, which of course has the first appearance of The Rocketeer in it.

Yes!...just yes.

333595-19472-125624-1-death-hawk.jpg

Learn something new every day. But you got robbed for yo dollar! :sick:

I think it was a little less than $1 but still worth it to me

Just about all the shops around Sacramento stay up on the trends

so finding something like a Man of Steel #18 for $1 probably won't happen

(thumbs u

going to cons is where it's at

I found A NM nova #1 for $2 at a con a few months ago

333595-19472-125624-1-death-hawk.jpg

Learn something new every day. But you got robbed for yo dollar! :sick:

I think it was a little less than $1 but still worth it to me

Just about all the shops around Sacramento stay up on the trends

so finding something like a Man of Steel #18 for $1 probably won't happen

Any comic you enjoy is worth what you paid for it! :headbang: Just not my cup o tea. Why is everyone talking about Man of Steel #18 not being a dollar? That was a dollar for as long as I can remember it. It was so over produced that everyone has one....I even have one. :o And I dislike DC. :sumo:

I just got a Superman MOS #18 this past weekend for $1 in strict NM. Also, a few days later I strolled into a new shop for me and they have their whole back issue section for $1 as it's a pretty small store. My take was:

Spawn #'s

21x2- 1 was kind of beat on BC

96-newsstand kind of beat

100 Miller cover

100 Ross cover-beat on BC

150 all covers and a dupe of the McFarlane cover=$$$$

They had basically have the whole run and I asked if he would give me a deal on the bulk set. He said it was his partners books and that I should call when he is there, and that he probably would cut a deal. Some of these Spawn books are $10-20 in strict 9.0 or better. Seeing as a couple that I bought were kind of beat I'd be hesitant to pay a $1 a piece for all the books.

Last month got a NTT #21 for a buck at around 7.0 but pressable for sure. This following month when I go to the sale they have every first Sat., I'm gonna scoop up the whole stack of Jaguar God books they had with the Frazetta covers for a buck a piece. This sale I go to is just plain sick as far as copper's go, but sometimes you get home and realize quite a few books are junk as you can't see well through the real old bags and such.

Also picked up an X-Factor 6 for $4 bucks, but upon getting it home it was only about a 6.5 due to some rumpling on FC that could press out as well I think.