• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my kid randomly asked me tonight as we were driving down the road...

109 posts in this topic

Mind control. I'd worry about running into power lines if I could fly. I'd worry about teleporting into a door if I could teleport. Invulnerability would be sweet but someone would probably put me in a cement room for the rest of my life. Mind control is my pick . . And then the government would drop a bomb on me:(

Mind Control.

+1.

The power would corrupt me and I would be bedding so many Hollywood starlets they would call me Caligula.

Later after I became bored of making people do whatever I want I might use the power for good making the very rich use their assets for the good of all people.

In the end the people fear me and I am assassinated by a guy with a three syllable name.

Time Travel (non-multiverse, and as long as I can exist outside the timeline to avoid influencing events).

I would love to see history's most influential people: Jesus Christ, Abraham Lincoln, Paul of Tarsus, Christopher Columbus, Theodore Roosevelt, Leonardo da Vinci, Genghis Khan, Robert E. Lee

The power to copy other peoples powers.

One more time, with the proper link

What if nobody else has any powers?

I SWEAR, I'm awake and sober!

Power - The Phoenix

How about a "magical item" to go with it? This is very D&D-ish, but I'd like a leather wallet that, on the condition that at least one dollar remain in it every night, would have $100 in it the next day, in perpetuity.

-slym

Immortality

+1 on that

You would have an eternity to amass all the knowledge, wealth, and power you could want. Plus, I'd like to hang around long enough to see where all of this is going.

The flip side, life would be pretty lonely. :sorry:

Immortality

+1 on that

You would have an eternity to amass all the knowledge, wealth, and power you could want. Plus, I'd like to hang around long enough to see where all of this is going.

The flip side, life would be pretty lonely. :sorry:

You also have that long to be a poor, lonely degenerate. You'd also have to be very careful about not being recognised, as immortality without invulnerability could be a real problem. Say you were in a car accident and were paralysed from the neck down. Would you want to be immortal and a total, helpless cripple? What if the government (choose your poison) found out about you and decided to sequester you and then start experimenting?

:eek:

To me, immortality without invulnerability seems too dangerous.

-slym