• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my kid randomly asked me tonight as we were driving down the road...

109 posts in this topic

I would not have invisibility as my super power because eventually you would become like the Predator. People will just use heat signature on you to find out where you are. Once they find you, the government would just lock you up.

Time Travel would be pretty cool, but then you might change the course of history and when you go back to the present day things could be different. Then you are trying to figure out what the heck you did wrong and by fixing it again and again it becomes difficult to keep track messing up the whole time continuum.

Immortality would be cool but the problem is you would never die and all of your loved ones would pass away. You would constantly have to find new loves and watch your children pass away time and again. The future would be so different then the present day, but if some people don't care about that then it could be something a lot of people will take as a power.

Flying would be cool, but eventually it would become boring just like walking or running. It would be just something you could do that others would not be able too...and who knows you may end up getting run over by a plane just like you would by a car if you were walking across the street.

Mind control would be interesting, but if you get caught then who knows what the government can do. I doubt you would be able control billions of minds simultaneously and eventually they will invent something like Magneto's helmet to stop you from messing with their mind. You would have to be VERY careful using this power as the other person may eventually remember what you made them do.

Powers that could be useful are:

Omnilinguilism: The power to speak any language in the world, perhaps even alien languages if they ever invade earth.

Superhuman Intelligence Do you want to be like Albert Einstein? That would be cool helping find ways to better the world, and creating new inventions.

Healing: Curing a child from Make a Wish Foundation would be very rewarding. Even curing loved ones from cancer or any disease would be awesome. The world would love you.

Precognition: The ability to predict the future. This would be cool to see far into the future and perhaps know what the winning lottery numbers would be, or avoid major disasters, or thwart any major terrorism plots like 911. However, if you alert the government of being psychic in this nature, then they may end up putting you away to help them predict outcomes. This power would have to most likely be managed secretly.

Healing would be an awesome power to have, but I would pick Precognition to better the world secretly. I could pick all the right stocks to become one of the richest men in the world and then donate wealth back to people in need or great causes like Robin Hood. It would be difficult to manage this secretly, but it could be possible.

I would not have invisibility as my super power because eventually you would become like the Predator. People will just use heat signature on you to find out where you are. Once they find you, the government would just lock you up.

Time Travel would be pretty cool, but then you might change the course of history and when you go back to the present day things could be different. Then you are trying to figure out what the heck you did wrong and by fixing it again and again it becomes difficult to keep track messing up the whole time continuum.

Immortality would be cool but the problem is you would never die and all of your loved ones would pass away. You would constantly have to find new loves and watch your children pass away time and again. The future would be so different then the present day, but if some people don't care about that then it could be something a lot of people will take as a power.

Flying would be cool, but eventually it would become boring just like walking or running. It would be just something you could do that others would not be able too...and who knows you may end up getting run over by a plane just like you would by a car if you were walking across the street.

Mind control would be interesting, but if you get caught then who knows what the government can do. I doubt you would be able control billions of minds simultaneously and eventually they will invent something like Magneto's helmet to stop you from messing with their mind. You would have to be VERY careful using this power as the other person may eventually remember what you made them do.

Omnilinguilism: The power to speak any language in the world, perhaps even alien languages if they ever invade earth.

Superhuman Intelligence Do you want to be like Albert Einstein? That would be cool helping find ways to better the world, and creating new inventions.

Healing: Curing a child from Make a Wish Foundation would be very rewarding. Even curing loved ones from cancer or any disease would be awesome. The world would love you.

Precognition: The ability to predict the future. This would be cool to see far into the future and perhaps know what the winning lottery numbers would be, or avoid major disasters, or thwart any major terrorism plots like 911. However, if you alert the government of being psychic in this nature, then they may end up putting you away to help them predict outcomes. This power would have to most likely be managed secretly.

Healing would be an awesome power to have, but I would pick Precognition to better the world secretly. I could pick all the right stocks to become one of the richest men in the world and then donate wealth back to people in need or great causes like Robin Hood. It would be difficult to manage this secretly, but it could be possible.

I see that you have no objection to turning people into bacon, I WIN!!!

Immortality

+1 on that

You would have an eternity to amass all the knowledge, wealth, and power you could want. Plus, I'd like to hang around long enough to see where all of this is going.

The flip side, life would be pretty lonely. :sorry:

You also have that long to be a poor, lonely degenerate. You'd also have to be very careful about not being recognised, as immortality without invulnerability could be a real problem. Say you were in a car accident and were paralysed from the neck down. Would you want to be immortal and a total, helpless cripple? What if the government (choose your poison) found out about you and decided to sequester you and then start experimenting?

:eek:

To me, immortality without invulnerability seems too dangerous.

-slym

I was talking more like a Vandal Savage type of immortality, with some type of regeneration, rather than a Highlander type of immortalty, where someone can chop off my head and kill me. One without the other would suck. :eek:

Longevity is not a great power for those who aren't self-motivated, it's true. Give me 1000 years, and I would have the scientific and technical know how to build a super collider, an Uncle Scrooge style money bank that holds all my riches which I amassed through my unsurpassed knowledge of the market, and the perfect recipe for an upside down pineapple cake. Imagine what you can do with eternity. hm

I see that you have no objection to turning people into bacon, I WIN!!!

lol

Well would you end up eating them too? That would technically be cannibalism. :o

the power to print money.

Oh, I would not want to print money. You would be competing with the Federal Reserve and other countries printing presses that already print money out of thin air. Eventually that money could become worthless.

Also, anytime you take large sums of money to the bank they question you about it and making you prove where you got it. If you had the ability to electronic transfer funds into accounts without getting caught would be better, or the power to make gold.

Although if you become like Midas and touch everything that turns to gold...well that would not be good either. hm

:golfclap: This is just awesome analysis of real world ramifications of having these powers. (worship)

I am STILL going with mind control! Sting is just bad ! :sumo:

That has long been my choice but with the following caveat: not only to speak any language but to understand it, read it, write it and have the ability to think in it. But selectively, so I don't start mixing French, Spanish and Swahili together.

That has long been my choice but with the following caveat: not only to speak any language but to understand it, read it, write it and have the ability to think in it. But selectively, so I don't start mixing French, Spanish and Swahili together.

And to understand customs of the language's originating country. Seems like you could be shot or lose a hand in some countries for saying things if you don't know the customs in that country. :eek:

Time Travel.

I would love to see history's most influential people: Jesus Christ, Abraham Lincoln, Paul of Tarsus, Christopher Columbus, Theodore Roosevelt, Leonardo da Vinci, Genghis Khan, Robert E. Lee

This. And so many more people throughout history.

Also I'd stop by the late 30s and pick up every single HG GA super key I could find.

Money problems over.

Time Travel.

I would love to see history's most influential people: Jesus Christ, Abraham Lincoln, Paul of Tarsus, Christopher Columbus, Theodore Roosevelt, Leonardo da Vinci, Genghis Khan, Robert E. Lee

Also I'd stop by the late 30s and pick up every single HG GA super key I could find.

Money problems over.

:o

(tsk)

Biff_tannen.jpg

Time Travel.

Money problems over.

(tsk)

I'd distribute them among board members ... :banana: after I'd sell a handful to the folks over at Heritage and ComicConnect :devil:

Time Travel.

Money problems over.

(tsk)

I'd distribute them among board members ... :banana:

In that case, what are you waiting for?! Go! I want to be wiping my with action 1's by yesterday! lol

tumblr_mvr3y5KL931rnq3cto1_500.gif

Who wants to live forever ? Boring :P

Want to watch Star Wars Episodes 10-12. Time Travel.

Want to witness the alien invasion. Time Travel.

Want to watch Super Bowl 3000. Time Travel.

Want to know what'll come after Yoga Pants. Time Travel. :banana:

"Daddy, if you had a superpower, what would it be?"

I'm sure this has been the topic of many comic conversations both on an off the boards and throughout the ages... But why not re-hash the imaginings of possessing a superpower.

So, with that being said...

(1) what would you pick to be your ONE superpower?

(2) why?

I answered my daughter with the power of flight (seems cool to me). She said, "I want laser eyes and fire balls!" A super hero in the making.

Have fun.

When you say your kid randomly asked you what your powers would be, do you really mean you randomly asked your kid what their powers would be? hm