• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A sloppy looking CGC VF/NM?

48 posts in this topic

It's the label comments...

Okay, now I'm completely confused... Shouldn't this book be in a Green holder? I mean, it's a HG book except for one fairly significant defect, right?

Or is CGC implying that this would be a 9.6 except for that tear at the cfold?

Or does CGC not "penalize" a book for a 1" tear in the interior?

I guess a lack of consistency is consistency of a sort...? Christo_pull_hair.gif

(Here's where Steve B. rides up on the white horse, patiently explains why this book got the grade it did, then gallops off. I tell ya, he could save a ton on oats and water if CGC would just disclose it's grading criteria...)

Good point Garth - there was always confusion as to whether the label notes are included in the numerical grade, or whether they are in addition to the numerical grade. And the resulting confusion is exactly the reason CGC has given for dropping them!

Okay, now I'm completely confused... Shouldn't this book be in a Green holder? I mean, it's a HG book except for one fairly significant defect, right?

I guess a lack of consistency is consistency of a sort...? Christo_pull_hair.gif

(Here's where Steve B. rides up on the white horse, patiently explains why this book got the grade it did, then gallops off. I tell ya, he could save a ton on oats and water if CGC would just disclose it's grading criteria...)

Good point Garth - there was always confusion as to whether the label notes are included in the numerical grade, or whether they are in addition to the numerical grade. And the resulting confusion is exactly the reason CGC has given for dropping them!

All they need to do is put, on the back of their label, that the grading notes (if there are any) are explanatory but not additional. Which is what I do on my website.

All they need to do is put, on the back of their label, that the grading notes (if there are any) are explanatory but not additional. Which is what I do on my website.

Yes, and it would be even nicer if they put the actual grading notes on the back of the label or made them available on their website via an on-line lookup feature. However, only putting some of the notes is what has led to confusion in the past (and the absence of the disclaimer you describe).

Hey thats cool, everyone should have an opinion smile.gif, all I know is there is a lot more views now tongue.gif so thanks Nerf grin.gif

Hey I'm not an a-hole. If I had a clue that this was someone in the threads book

I would of resisted the temptation to talk junk.

Anywho with the Patriots and the Red Sox's winning it all in the same year

you guys in Mass shouldn't care what people say to you. laugh.gif

I here ya!

One thing that is good, is that not everyone agrees with me. With that in mind

this auction and the rest of your auctions are getting alot of free traffic.

Kind of OT: You know the holidays are coming up and I was wondering is there

was an old thread where old the comic sellers (that are members here) listed their e-Bay handles

to buy from.

If not I may start one.

By the by, I hope you don't hold this thread against me.

flowerred.gif