• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing... anyone had good results with it?

31 posts in this topic

The main thing for me is I just don't want an a-hole pressing my books. In life it's generally the people that think they can do no wrong that have the most to learn.

I guess it really just depends on the results. I don't mind a-holes doing work for me, provided they're not a-holes to me, and their work is stellar. In fact, I find that a lot of a-holes are often the best they are at what they do, precisely because they take pride in their craftsmanship and are uncompromising. Many people find those with immovable standards to be "a-holes", but man if that doesn't benefit those with whom they do business.

And, of course, who is, and who is not, an "a-hole" really depends on perspective, I imagine.

As for people who think they can do no wrong...you know, I've never actually met, or even heard of, anyone who actually thinks that. Lots of people who think OTHER people think that about themselves, but never actually anyone who did. I'll have to defer to your experience in that regard.

Real simple...If you see a guy on craigslist who will press books for you and bring his pressing machine over to your house...run away!

lol

True dat!

Especially if his "pressing machine" looks suspiciously like a waffle iron....

I actually saw an ad on craigslist in my area who said he'll bring over his pressing machine for $5 a book.

You already have. ;) Didn't you buy some later printing Supes 9.8s from me? Or Knightfalls...one of the two.

Pressed by me. :)

I know we talked about the two series a lot but I dont know if I ever actually bought any. I found most of my later prints myself and had a lot of 1/1 on the census.

You already have. ;) Didn't you buy some later printing Supes 9.8s from me? Or Knightfalls...one of the two.

Pressed by me. :)

I know we talked about the two series a lot but I dont know if I ever actually bought any. I found most of my later prints myself and had a lot of 1/1 on the census.

I think the real remaining baddies are Supes #77 3rd, MOS #20 2nd, Adventures #498 4th, and MOS #18 5th, natch. Maybe Supes #73 2nd and MOS #17 2nd.

I have an Adventures #498 4th and MOS #20 2nd (stupid hard books, especially the MOS #20 2nd) in 9.8 potential. They're like 9.725s.

Does anybody know if anybody on here is from Toronto and does pressing?

Or how it works with you guys? I ship to you and then do you send to CGC or back to me? Sorry for the stupid questions lol

Does anybody know if anybody on here is from Toronto and does pressing?

Or how it works with you guys? I ship to you and then do you send to CGC or back to me? Sorry for the stupid questions lol

Hi,

I'm in London, Ontario just down the 401 from you. I always use Joey and have never had a problem. I ship my books to him. He presses them and then sends them to CGC. Once graded CGC sends them back directly to me.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions let me know

mathew