• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW 20% OFF! CB's Little Mix of This & That: Flash Comics #1 Page + DC Raw Books

58 posts in this topic

Howdy Folks!,

Just your friendly neighborhood CB again with a little mix of this and that!

I've got a few slabs and about 10 raw books to post. Some of them are repeats and reductions, and some are new offerings.

PESKY :rulez:

1. No Probies or HOSers.

2. Shipping on slabs is to the USA only-- $15 Priority USPS. Shipping on raw books to the USA is $6 flat Priority for as many as you want to buy. Shipping on raw books to Canada will be at first class cost to the buyer. I will not ship raw books anywhere other than the USA or Canada, and I absolutely will not ship slabs outside of the USA.

3. First :takeit: in the thread trumps any PM negotiations.

4. Payment is via Paypal only and is expected within 48 hours unless otherwise arranged.

Thanks for looking!

--CB

TITLE: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20 (1st Scorpion)

GRADE: CGC 9.0 (WHITE PAGES)

NOTES: Recent submission from an original owner collection. White pages designation. Gorgeous and super clean in hand.

PRICE: $1150 SOLD VIA PM

5c0v.jpg

2qqi.jpg

TITLE: DETECTIVE COMICS #45 (1st Joker story in Detective Comics)

GRADE: CGC RESTORED 3.0

NOTES: I've decided to go away from purples and these next two slabs are my only two restored books. Got this one off Ebay from a reputable dealer not too long ago. Slight bit of controversy as it came to me missing its top sticker and the case has a slightly weak sidewall seal. In the midst of a really rough week and my own foul mood, I began to worry that maybe the slab had been tampered with. After a few assurances and inspecting the posts (which all look fine), I've come to the conclusion that it was just an overreaction on my part and that the top sticker was lost somewhere post slabbing.

Still, I wanted to be absolutely clear to potential buyers: this book is missing its top sticker, and if that bothers you, it will have to be a resub on your part. I'm selling it as is. The slight amateur restoration is simply a small amount of amateur color touch on the cover. If you have questions, feel free to ask. Asking what I paid.

PRICE: $410 :news:SOLD TO BORDERLINEHOARDER

urr4.jpg

Best (and most obvious) guess as to the color touch is to the right of the darker brick near Bob Kane's signature as seen here:

mhir.jpg

TITLE: FLASH COMICS #1 (11TH PAGE ONLY)

GRADE: CGC NG INCOMPLETE TRIMMED

NOTES: Here's an interesting little item that might be perfect for the Flash Comics collector on a budget. This is a slabbed 11th page only to Flash Comics #1, which also happens to be the Hawkman splash page. So it's pretty cool just being that. Notes (and it's just plain obvious) state that all four edges have been trimmed, but all the panels of the very first page of the very first Hawkman story ever are intact. Asking what I paid.

PRICE: $120 :news: NOW $96

4rh9.jpg

uhy5.jpg

TITLE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #136 (1st Harry Osborn as Green Goblin)

GRADE: VG-

NOTES: This is sure to be one of those hot books this summer when ASM2 comes along featuring :gossip: Harry as Gobby! This one has a minor gunk stain on the top of the front near the MC insignia strip. But it still has a decent amount of gloss left. A nice little reader.

PRICE: $14 :news: NOW $11.20

t8od.jpg

TITLE: DOCTOR STRANGE #169 (1st Solo Title)

GRADE: GD

NOTES: Johnny Depp hype? ;) Subscription fold/crease; minor cover creases, bottom right corner crease, small chip out of back cover edge. Reader.

PRICE: $20 :news:SOLD TO WALLY'S COMICS

7f4y.jpg

NOTES: I've decided to go away from purples and these next two slabs are my only two restored books. Got this one off Ebay from a reputable dealer not too long ago. Slight bit of controversy as it came to me missing its top sticker and the case has a slightly weak sidewall seal. In the midst of a really rough week and my own foul mood, I began to worry that maybe the slab had been tampered with. After a few assurances and inspecting the posts (which all look fine), I've come to the conclusion that it was just an overreaction on my part and that the top sticker was lost somewhere post slabbing.

Still, I wanted to be absolutely clear to potential buyers: this book is missing its top sticker, and if that bothers you, it will have to be a resub on your part. I'm selling it as is. The slight amateur restoration is simply a small amount of amateur color touch on the cover. If you have questions, feel free to ask. Asking what I paid.

PRICE: $410

urr4.jpg

Best (and most obvious) guess as to the color touch is to the right of the darker brick near Bob Kane's signature as seen here:

mhir.jpg

:takeit: per PM (thumbs u

PRICE: $410

urr4.jpg

mhir.jpg

:takeit: per PM (thumbs u

^^

TITLE: MARVEL SUPER-HEROES #12 (1st Captain Marvel)

GRADE: G/VG

NOTES: Minor edge wear. Minor cover crease bottom right. Two small back cover tears (1" and 1/2") along bottom. Decent reader.

PRICE: $13 :news:SOLD TO BB8

y5j3.jpg

TITLE: STRANGE TALES #79

GRADE: FR/GD

NOTES: Water damage. Edge wear. Minor writing on cover. Interior foxing/tanning. Cover creases. Piece out of front cover along top edge. Still decently tight at the staple. A complete, low grade reader.

PRICE: $20 :news:SOLD TO BB8

nh77.jpg

NOTES: Minor edge wear. Minor cover crease bottom right. Two small back cover tears (1" and 1/2") along bottom. Decent reader.

PRICE: $13

y5j3.jpg

take it

PRICE: $13

y5j3.jpg

take it

^^

TITLE: ADVENTURE COMICS #283 (1st Zod, Phantom Zone)

GRADE: FR/G

NOTES: Edge and spine wear. Cover detached from bottom staple. 1/2" splits at top and bottom of spine. Back cover chipping. Solid lower end reader.

PRICE: $55 :news: NOW $45

j935.jpg

TITLE: BRAVE & THE BOLD #57 (1st Metamorpho)

GRADE: FR

NOTES: Copy that looks better in a bag/board, than when in hand. 3 1/2" and 1 1/2" frayed spine splits, possibly the work of a chew. These splits continue into the first outer wrap. Slightly rusty staples. The rest of the book is tight and readable. But this purely filler.

PRICE: $5 :news: NOW $4

0sl5.jpg