• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do all these high grade books come from?

49 posts in this topic

Full runs of Marvel/DC from 1966 through 1980

Original owner.

No butter stories, no "folklore spins", just a beautiful collection with lots of books in for grading 300-400 so far, another 450 ready to go.

Good for you Bob!!!! thumbsup2.gif

gossip.gif I think it is through hard work, research, willingness to travel, having liquidity, the ability to make quick decisions, a good eye and a little bit of luck.

Plus a briefcase full of cash.

10_12_8.gif

I know where those books AREN'T going - into my house. $690 for FF 155 in 9.8? Jesus. I really want that book, but not that badly.

Eventually 117-191 (all the 20, 25, 30 and 35 centers) - essentially the entire Bronze Age. I have lots in 9.6 and 9.8, and should have bought more earlier. The prices are going through the moon.

Eventually 117-191 (all the 20, 25, 30 and 35 centers) - essentially the entire Bronze Age. I have lots in 9.6 and 9.8, and should have bought more earlier. The prices are going through the moon.

I'm also starting to see more Avengers 9.8's in the 100's coming out of the woodwork lately but there are so damn few in the census that there are stupid expensive. I'm going to stick with mostly 9.6's for now so I can own more than just a handful. frown.gif

Full runs of Marvel/DC from 1966 through 1980

Original owner.

No butter stories, no "folklore spins", just a beautiful collection with lots of books in for grading 300-400 so far, another 450 ready to go.

What's the range of grades you're expecting?