• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RECORD prices realized for Canadian Whites on CLINK!

76 posts in this topic

So, if I was to put my covers only Better Comics in the next auction, it should realize around $700 … $1000 … $1800 ?

BETTERfc_zpsff1f807e.jpeg

BETTERbc_zpsfd29fb4c.jpeg

I was shocked at how much the .5's sold for. Incredible. Hot books! My low bids were blown out of the water.

Maybe Bronty will crack his first Penguin appearance and take a few snaps of the interior. :wishluck:

You got it!

Thanks Stephen. Any chance you can post bigger pics? Also one of your links is broken.

Also, your copy is a sorry sight. :sick: It seems to have a bunch of extra paper in the logo that isn't there on my copy. :rulez:

Its an ugly copy, but :takeit:

Thanks Stephen. Any chance you can post bigger pics? Also one of your links is broken.

Also, your copy is a sorry sight. :sick: It seems to have a bunch of extra paper in the logo that isn't there on my copy. :rulez:

Fixed that

Ok, someone's got to say it: There are no penguins in Canada, right?

So "the Penguin" is sort of the opposite in concept from Nelvana (a truly Canadian hero in theme and composition).

Well you are correct, and that's one of the things that makes Nelvana special in my eyes, but it would be pretty boring if every single Cdn superhero was a hockey player, lumberjack, or Eskimo.

Fixed that

Thanks! As far as I can see though you haven't fixed it? ??? Seems like there is still a bunch of extra paper on the cover of your copy :)

Bronty won't get his Wow 15 for a while. I am sure he won't mind if I show the Penguin 1st Appearance and origin from my copy:

Fun story. Nice dark batman sort of feel to it.

I have about 200 + Canadian Whites and Canadian Edition Golden Age books

that vary in condition from Poor to Very Fine.

I have some knowledge about them but it's limited.

Most of time, I can't even find the issues when I'm researching them.

For instance, I have a copy of Terrific Adventures #13 which features a

Phantom Lady cover and also has a Phantom Lady story.

I also have Canadian Editions of Batman #45 and #46 along with

Detective Comics #132 and #133.

I also have Canadian Edition Classic Illustrated with the 15¢ price and soft covers. Intriguing is the fact that the OSPG doesn't even recognize some of the issues for the rare copies such as #43 ( Great Expectations )

and Classic Illustrated #74

There's also Canadian Whites of books like Crime and Punishment #3 which was used in SOTI.

Also, some pre-code horror such as Journey into Fear Canadian Editions and

Venus - Canadian Whites

Are these books highly desirable? I've done a lot of research and found that

there are no CGC graded copies of the majority of them. I have a feeling most

people don't even know they exist.

A Cdn Heroes in 9.0 went for 1225 last night or about 2x to 3x the price of what we've seen some VGs go for. Impressive price on the one hand but at the same time kind of cementing what we've seen before here - that grade doesn't seem to matter too much. People just want a copy.

(plus, high grade runs are probably impossible)

Some new gems thanks to a gracious boardie! :) (one other recent addition I can't seem to find a pic of)

Active0001_zps2f91557f.jpg

Wow27_zpsfae5eb08.jpeg

Triumph0001_zpsf975e149.jpg

Super jealous, Bronty!! Still haven't been able to secure a white. Congratulations, these are all winners!