• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric Stephenson's speech

62 posts in this topic

Thought Bubble, Purple, CBLDF, and Comicspro didn't hit the shelves. East of West #1 1st print was available at Midtown for cover or less for 4 months after the 4th print came out. I still see it as a cash grab but I don't blame them for doing it. I do see it as more than a little hypocritical coming from him. Do as I say, not as I do ? Yep.

Actually I see it quite differently.

I think he's saying. Stop being stupid consumers of my products and we'll stop our cash grabs.

He pretty much says as long as customers and stores are willing to play the game, they'll play.

See my comments above.

Marvel agreed with this line of thinking in 1993. Result: Chapter 11.

I read your previous comment.

I think the big difference with Image is they currently have quality content. Not every book they put on the shelves is great, but there are some killer books they do put out for sure!

Thought Bubble, Purple, CBLDF, and Comicspro didn't hit the shelves. East of West #1 1st print was available at Midtown for cover or less for 4 months after the 4th print came out. I still see it as a cash grab but I don't blame them for doing it. I do see it as more than a little hypocritical coming from him. Do as I say, not as I do ? Yep.

Actually I see it quite differently.

I think he's saying. Stop being stupid consumers of my products and we'll stop our cash grabs.

He pretty much says as long as customers and stores are willing to play the game, they'll play.

See my comments above.

Marvel agreed with this line of thinking in 1993. Result: Chapter 11.

I read your previous comment.

I think the big difference with Image is they currently have quality content. Not every book they put on the shelves is great, but there are some killer books they do put out for sure!

So, then, with that quality, they either do or don't have to produce variants. If they don't, they should stop, and let the quality stand on its own.

If they do, then that's an unfortunate indictment of the hobby. :eek: