• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four crossovers

36 posts in this topic

Long time FF collector.

I have 1- current

All mini series and one shots

All solo books(marvel two in one, the thing, the human torch, etc....)

I know I'll never have the highest grade collection, but I think I can have one of the most comprehensive.

So with that in mind, I am now looking to add crossovers to my FF collection.

I am interested in major appearances where the FF is featured prominently on the cover.

I am finding that these can be hard to do searches for, so I thought I would ask you guys about what books that you collect that the FF has appeared in.

I think the biggest and oldest crossover might be Spiderman #1 with the FF on the cover.

Anyway, if you know of a crossover, I would love to hear about it, and add it to my want list.

Thanks

Does it have to be the entire team?

The old Strange Tales books all featured the Torch. Some good crossovers there.

ST107 - Torch vs. Subby Classic Cover

82572429064.107.gif

ST108 - whole team

82572429064.108.gif

ST114 - Torch vs "Cap"

82572429064.114.gif

ST116 - Torch vs Thing (awesome cover)

82572429064.116.gif

Long time FF collector.

I have 1- current

I know I'll never have the highest grade collection, but I think I can have one of the most comprehensive.

I am interested in major appearances where the FF is featured prominently on the cover.

I am finding that these can be hard to do searches for, so I thought I would ask you guys about what books that you collect that the FF has appeared in.

I think the biggest and oldest crossover might be Spiderman #1 with the FF on the cover.

Anyway, if you know of a crossover, I would love to hear about it, and add it to my want list.

Thanks

Wow, I thought I was the only one! Though I don't have 1-10, I have the rest as well.

Off the top of my head are all the What if? appearances. Submariner 7 (Subby/Thing battle), Hulk 122.

You probably already have them but the Marvels Greatest with alternate covers are pretty cool as well. (I think its 34-41)

Avengers 127 (150)

These two issues go down as the best start (Avengers 127) and worst end (FF 150) in the history of comics. It was all resolved in a few panels and due to this, I think FF 150 is only half an issue too.

Excellent!

Thank you for all the suggestions.

I know about the strange tales, but I don't have any of them yet.

I have all the what ifs.

A copy of Hulk 122 has been in my watch list on Ebay for about a week now.

I just added Avengers 127 and Submariner 7 to my MCS.com order

I recently picked up Marvel Feature 11 and 12.

I didn't know until I saw them in a thread here that those were the first two solo Thing books, and that what would have been Marvel Feature 13 was instead released as the first issue of Marvel Two in One.

So what else is there?

As a kid my original stack of old Avengers comics went back to issue 126 (current issues were in the 160's)...looking back I don't know why I liked it so much....I never had the second part to any of these originally.

127 cont'd in FF 150

129 cont'd GS 2

131 cont'd GS 3

134 cont'd GS 4

156 Super Villain TU 9

--then I bought Avengers back issues..& found more crossovers :makepoint:

111 x-over to a DD issue

116-118 the Defenders x-overs

125 cont'd in CM 33

& half the non-continued issues were fill ins... :pullhair:

Beast reprint, Assassin story, 150 was an inventory issue too I think...

hm - the issues in the 160's & 170's (even though they had fill in issues too) were great...when issue 178, 179 & 180 came out with no mention of the Korvac story so I got pissed off & traded away my Avengers run that I had completed back to around 100 w/all crossover & didn't get 'em back for a year :insane:

Excellent!

Thank you for all the suggestions.

I know about the strange tales, but I don't have any of them yet.

I have all the what ifs.

A copy of Hulk 122 has been in my watch list on Ebay for about a week now.

I just added Avengers 127 and Submariner 7 to my MCS.com order

I recently picked up Marvel Feature 11 and 12.

I didn't know until I saw them in a thread here that those were the first two solo Thing books, and that what would have been Marvel Feature 13 was instead released as the first issue of Marvel Two in One.

So what else is there?

Just because my OCD kicked in...it's Sub-Mariner #8 that has the great Subby-Thing battle cover. I am trying to colect every FF comic as well.

Update

Making good progress in a short period of time.

I have 89 books coming from MCS, mostly bronze age forward crossovers, so not to expensive.

I also ordered a reprint of Spiderman 1, as I'm not quite ready to shell out that kind of money for an original single crossover appearance.

Also I have started working on the strange tales, I have 5 issues coming, and am busy hunting for the rest, good times!

During the ST hunt I found out that 110 is the first appearance of Dr, Strange, and ridiculously expensive because of it, so I guess I'll be looking for a reprint of that one as well.

Just picked up a copy of Superman and the Fantastic Four.

When the box came I was like WTF? Why did they ship it in such a large box??? I didn't know till I unpacked it that the issue is like two feet wide and three feet long(not quite, but it's a huge comic)

Now I have OCD about where to store the thing since it's to big to fit in a long box, lol.

Long time FF collector.

I have 1- current

Thanks

Wow, I thought I was the only one! Though I don't have 1-10, I have the rest as well.

Off the top of my head are all the What if? appearances. Submariner 7 (Subby/Thing battle), Hulk 122.

You probably already have them but the Marvels Greatest with alternate covers are pretty cool as well. (I think its 34-41)

Count me in. I been collecting FF since day one. There's a lot of FF crossovers out there. Giveaways too. Are you looking for those?

Some stand alone stories like the one in Marvel Fanfare #15 come to mine. How about those?

Marvel Two-In-One feature the Thing and have the other members of the FF sometimes.

Marvel Team-Up #1,2,3 have Spidey team up with Torch. #17 Spidey with Mr. Fantastic. #132 & #133 also. There are others I can't remember.

There's a few where the story starts in another magazine and continues in FF. I think it's Alpha Flight #5, the story starts and finishes off in a FF. # 94 has a crossover with the FF also.

There's a lot out there. Good luck.

In the Byrne run there were story lines that continued over to:

• Avengers 233 (Plot continues from Fantastic Four 255)
  • X-Factor 1 (Story continued from Avengers (1963-1996 1st Series) #263 and Fantastic Four (1961-1996 1st Series) #286)

One way to continue your search is to use MyComicShop.com's "advanced search" and look for the key word "Fantastic Four"

http://mycomicshop.com/search?q=&qivnotes=fantastic+four&pl=Marvel&minyr=&maxyr=&minyrmo=&maxyrmo=&asm=&minprc=&mingr=&maxgr=&ped=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=

it'll come back with every time the FF are mention in the issue blurb and you can decide if the appearance/crossover is worth it.

FF also show up in Captain America #314

The Thing is in Captain Marvel #26, and the FF have cameos in Cap Marvel #s 27 & 39

Daredevil #38 starts a story that continues in FF 73.

Dazzler #3-4 have FF & Dazzler fighting Doom

FF276-77 continues into Doctor Strange 75

Long time FF collector.

I have 1- current

Thanks

Count me in. I been collecting FF since day one. There's a lot of FF crossovers out there. Giveaways too. Are you looking for those?

Some stand alone stories like the one in Marvel Fanfare #15 come to mine. How about those?

Marvel Two-In-One feature the Thing and have the other members of the FF sometimes.

Marvel Team-Up #1,2,3 have Spidey team up with Torch. #17 Spidey with Mr. Fantastic. #132 & #133 also. There are others I can't remember.

There's a few where the story starts in another magazine and continues in FF. I think it's Alpha Flight #5, the story starts and finishes off in a FF. # 94 has a crossover with the FF also.

There's a lot out there. Good luck.

I have all the ones you mentioned already, or they are on the way with my current MCS order.

For Giveaways I have the OfficeMax giveaway Issue, and The Target giveaway issue, and I think there is one other I'm forgetting.

Are there any other giveaways you know of?

One way to continue your search is to use MyComicShop.com's "advanced search" and look for the key word "Fantastic Four"

http://mycomicshop.com/search?q=&qivnotes=fantastic+four&pl=Marvel&minyr=&maxyr=&minyrmo=&maxyrmo=&asm=&minprc=&mingr=&maxgr=&ped=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=&TVGroupID=

it'll come back with every time the FF are mention in the issue blurb and you can decide if the appearance/crossover is worth it.

Excellent! I never tried searching their site like that, nice.

That should keep me busy for a while.

I don't have Hulk 350, or the Not brand Echh 1, or the Dazzlers, so those all just went on the list.