• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something I've never seen before

5 posts in this topic

Hi All

I rarely post, but do stalk often. Today I received an Iron man #8 in the mail with what, I can only assume, is a production flaw that prompted me to post.

Anyway, when I removed the comic from it's packaging I initially thought the cover had torn from the comic. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the cover and all pages had no staples and no staple holes. To look at I'd say the comics is a VF/VF+. Does this sort of defect affect the grade? If so by how much? Was it a common thing from this era (late 60's)?

Thanks

Leigh

Thanks for the link. Very interesting reading. There seems to be a lot of grey area to grading and what constitues a green label. Why is it that some production flaws are OK to get a Blue label (ie. chipping), but others like my missing staples seem to guarenteed a Green? I don't care for my case as it's my first genuine production flaw comic, just wanting understand the differences.

If the book came from the publisher missing a staple it likely won't affect the CGC grade up to roughly 9.4/9.6 (obviously the rest of the book matters).