• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM MCS(My Comic Shop) "NM" Special #1

14 posts in this topic

Hey just wanted to show the boardies my newest addition to my "NM" comic collection. I just want to see how close we can get to NM without going over. I wrote MCS and told them they are getting back about 2/3 of my latest order. They have now joined the ranks of Midtown and TFAW as blacklisted from me buying from them. I gave them 3 chances and they failed all 3 times. Epic Fail! Though, maybe a press will help hm

Edit: this is not shipping damage. Box arrive almost pristine.

http://i.imgur.com/Xnbxqme.jpg-front

http://i.imgur.com/pe5NWSc.jpg-back

Thoughts on this book?

Xnbxqmeh.jpg

pe5NWSch.jpg

I can't even give this book that. There is another tear on that white banner FC, edge stresses, scrapes, rubs, multiple semi bad spine stresses you can see front and back cover. Like I said, this shipment arrived in a box that looks like it never even got shipped. It was pristine.

7.5 at best

There was the slightest bending on a few backing boards on opposite sides of where any corner damage was on these. Sandwiched tight between cardboard.

This book and others left MCS like this. :screwy:

I would say it's a cgc 7.5...

I stopped ordering from MCS after dealing with the same thing so many times. I just got tired of having to return most of my order. It sounds like you are not a fan but I have had better luck with Midtown, I just always make sure to order enough books so that they come shipped in a sturdy box. Midtown isn't perfect either but in my opinion they are way better. I put MCS and Mile High together at the very bottom as far as receiving books in the stated condition.

My biggest pet peeve is that everything they sell you is "Near Mint", but any near mint book you trade into them is graded Very Fine or less by their buyers....

I'm only buying auction items from now on that they have front and back scans on.

maybe they're NM = near mutilated? (shrug)

That is probably close. I don't think most people that work in these picking/shipping areas no jack mess about comic grades. Books that should be in one spot are in another, and vice-a-verse. They just grab whatever and throw it in a box. I must be NM, that is where I got it.

Who would ever sell this book sight unseen to buyer as a NM??? You have got to be out of your mind. This is just one dog. Another had just totally rounded frayed corners, spine impacts on both sides, finger dent,stress yadda yadda. Also a "NM". I wrote them an email and said any book I grade at lower than a very strict 9.2 is on the way back to them. And I almost don't even want them now.

11 out of 17 comics are not even close to a "NM". 9.0 or below is where I have to draw the line.

Here's my detailed MCS order breakdown that I did back in October. My order was missing a few comics and Conan over at MCS quickly resolved the matter.

Here’s a report of my Copper MCS order.

Packaging/shipping/materials:

The packaging was very impressive and protected the comics extremely well. The comics were packaged in a tightly sealed "brick" taped between cardboard. One of the cardboard pieces is larger than the others and conforms to the box shape so no movement is allowed during transit and additional packing paper is placed around the comics for extra protection. The box itself is high quality and extremely sturdy. I paid extra to have each issue bagged/boarded. They don’t tape over the individual bags; an additional larger bag houses the individually bagged/boarded comics. The comic supplies were all new stock.

DSCN1353_zpsf9a421db.jpg

DSCN1355_zps0e80f095.jpg

Delivery time: The order was placed on the 21st with Lone Star Economy shipping ( 2-10 transit time est.), shipped on the 24th and received on the 30th. That’s an 8 business day turnaround from placing my order to receiving it.

Please note that my Copper order included many foil and chromium covers, I've reflected that in the data.

NM tier grade breakdowns, regular stock covers are underlined.

NM tier Results:

Overall avg grade: 9.44

9 foil/chromium covers avg grade: 9.51

6 regular cover stock avg grade: 9.33

Notes:

There was a 9.0 for each type of comic. The lone 9.8 comic was a Venom: Lethal Protector #1. I ordered two copies and oddly enough the other copy was the worst of the foil/chromium comics at 9.0 (cover indentations, soft bottom left corner and minimal spine wear). The regular cover stock comic that graded 9.0 (borderline 8.5) was a Foolkiller #1 that had lots of general wear. One of the 9.6 regular stock cover comics is a borderline 9.8 (Spider-Man #1 silver)

VF tier grade breakdowns: (1 foil cover book= 9.2)

Overall avg grade: 9.13

Accurate grading, quick turnaround and exceptional packing/shipping.

I'll update on the customer service end regarding the missing comics. They'll definitely have a repeat Copper customer assuming that is resolved to my liking. Despite the missing issues I was very happy with the order.

MCS has still to even respond to my emails. I was pretty upset and wrote a pretty firm email. Nothing over the top, or being a complete individual_without_enough_empathy, just that selling and shipping the book shown in OP is inexcusable. They have me on ignore I guess.

Try calling them. Or...I had a different company recently not responding to my emails. I just cited their return policy in a simply stated letter and shipped the book back. Got a refund straight away. If I hadn't, I would've gone through Paypal.

Anyhow, good luck dealing with this. :wishluck: