• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silver surfer #18 x2 what are the grades?

8 posts in this topic

so I bought both these books, I have seen a fantastic four book that is a printing error issue but have never seen this one, have had people tell me its a ink issue and a comic shop owner tell me its faded, I want to get it graded whats the deal??

THE BLACK SHEEP I say it is VF ANY GRADING OPINIONS WOULD BE A BIG HELP EVEN IF IT IS FADED COOLEST LOOKING COPY I HAVE EVER SEEN. ANY OPINIONS?

2vao8ky.jpg

THE NORM VG

vhdmi8.jpg

Yes, faded a ton, wow. I agree with the others that it has to be a big penalty, the VG range would be generous.

From the kind of sunlight damage that the paper may have from that much exposure, those books should be avoided.

Don't think it is fading - I am too much of a noob to give a real grade - look at black bolt vs the rest - if the red is really that far gone - the blacks/blues of his costume would be faded as well, no?

it really looks like there was no red pigment in the print ( and bad yellow???)- really looks like a manufacturing issue - but how would that be graded? - or am I totally off base? = it is just that the dark colors do not look fade at all.