• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed, and thanks to all.

48 posts in this topic

wow glad i asked, that's really a shame. and i agree with you about the authentication process being something they should look into.

its been debated elsewhere, but authentication would take a whole other level of training and expertise to accomplish, and just a completely different specialization than anything at CGC, which already has a highly profitable monopoly on their chosen industry.

wow glad i asked, that's really a shame. and i agree with you about the authentication process being something they should look into.

its been debated elsewhere, but authentication would take a whole other level of training and expertise to accomplish, and just a completely different specialization than anything at CGC, which already has a highly profitable monopoly on their chosen industry.

When profits start dipping, it may be in their best interests. Think about the countless signed books that aren't sent in because of the fear of the GLOD. It would be a massive undertaking, I agree.

Amazing Spiderman 300 CGC 9.8 (should be 9.9. Long story. Feel free to ask) - $825

So what would you say is the difference between the 9.8 and 9.6?

$450.

Ha, and that's why I don't get books slabbed. You are leaving a couple hundred dollar decision on pure chance.

Amazing Spiderman 300 CGC 9.8 (should be 9.9. Long story. Feel free to ask) - $825

So what would you say is the difference between the 9.8 and 9.6?

$450.

Ha, and that's why I don't get books slabbed. You are leaving a couple hundred dollar decision on pure chance.

If you think its pure chance, then you have made the right decision by not getting books slabbed.

When profits start dipping, it may be in their best interests. Think about the countless signed books that aren't sent in because of the fear of the GLOD. It would be a massive undertaking, I agree.

Actually, I can see CGC doing this one day. PSA used to grade sports cards and they also verified signatures as well. Anyway, GLWTS . Your books are always beautiful.

If it could go either way (based on experience with submitting books), it would be foolish to not attempt to go for the 9.8.

Just off topic here for a second. I love that .gif I have been looking at that laughing my off like wtf is he doing. This was almost as funny as my Morgan Freeman .gif

(thumbs u :roflmao:

what's the story on the 9.8 should be 9.9 300?

It was probably the single best copy of ASM 300 I've ever seen. Absolutely flawless. I'll let Billy tell you the rest...

It is. And I tend not to exaggerate these things. It only CGC would authenticate... :insane:

Glad to see you're selling some good books as well, my friend.

If you think its pure chance, then you have made the right decision by not getting books slabbed.

You're going to tell me that Joe grading books has the exact same "opinion" as Bob grading books? No two people are created/think equally and when you are talking hundreds of dollars difference for 0.1 grade difference, it's chance.

Actually, I can see CGC doing this one day. PSA used to grade sports cards and they also verified signatures as well. Anyway, GLWTS . Your books are always beautiful.

The beauty of the CGC SS program is that it's entirely black & white - there's no authentication, no trying to decipher the legitimacy of a specific signature; if the signing is witnessed by a CGC employee or CAW, the book gets the yellow label.

It's a win-win for CGC because it's an easy money-maker, doesn't require any specialized skills from the SS employees, and doesn't open them up to lawsuits like the ones PSA face on a fairly regular basis.

There's absolutely no chance they are going to start doing signature authentications for comics - would make zero sense from a business point of view.

The beauty of the CGC SS program is that it's entirely black & white - there's no authentication, no trying to decipher the legitimacy of a specific signature; if the signing is witnessed by a CGC employee or CAW, the book gets the yellow label.

It's a win-win for CGC because it's an easy money-maker, doesn't require any specialized skills from the SS employees, and doesn't open them up to lawsuits like the ones PSA face on a fairly regular basis.

There's absolutely no chance they are going to start doing signature authentications for comics - would make zero sense from a business point of view.

+1

+1

Understandable about the liability part, but where there is more money to be made, companies will find it. Especially if the SS thing ever starts lagging for whatever reason.

Price redux.

ASM 300 9.8 is $800

:takeit:

Thanks. I know you'll enjoy this one as much as I have. If they ever do decide to authenticate, don't tell me when they grade it a 9.9. ;)